• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Split-Inlet Exhaust Housing

E
Nov 26, 2007
I've been wondering for awhile if anyone has used a split-inlet exhaust housing in their turbo sleds?. With the small advantage it is said to provide for engines with fewer cylinders, I would think the guys running with forced induction would have this covered?.

Thinking out loud again...Lets hear your thoughts.

"The split-inlet exhaust housing theoretically offers a small performance advantage by keeping exhaust pulses in a tight bundle all the way to the turbine. This is more effective for engines with fewer cylinders, and thus fewer pulses, per engine cycle"

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Time to up the medication

yes I used a split inlet turbo housing but since it is a single pipe it is fed on both sides by the same pipe outlet. not sure if it helps but it works

E
Nov 26, 2007
What are your thoughts on this Boost Addict (Brad) as I am aware you know your turbos extremely well?. Have you collected any info on these exhaust housings with regards to sled motors?.

Turbolover, should it not work the same as it is still dividing the 'putt's' up thus slightly incraseing the amount of force being applied to the turbine?.

B

Boost Addict

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
My experience with the divided housing is only on the four stroke and there are benefits when the manifold is split up correctly, otherwise the divided housing just adds more weight.

Premium Features