• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spark plugs

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
If you want to run non ethanol mode, run good fuel. I’m 2500km / 1600miles on the boost, not a single broken plug or det code. Only ran 94.
Running avgas now on aftermarket tune, still zero issues. Maybe I’m lucky? But fuel has to make a difference. So many guys running the cheapest marked premium they can find in $30,000 sleds.. it makes zero sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
If you want to run non ethanol mode, run good fuel. I’m 2500km / 1600miles on the boost, not a single broken plug or det code. Only ran 94.
Running avgas now on aftermarket tune, still zero issues. Maybe I’m lucky? But fuel has to make a difference. So many guys running the cheapest marked premium they can find in $30,000 sleds.. it makes zero sense to me.

People are dumb

C
Dec 14, 2020

Funny thing is, at least here, 99% of the stations get fueled out of the same tankers. They'll drive from a Conoco to an Exon, to a Holiday, to a local mom and pop. It'll all be the exact same 91 out of the tanker.

The fuel stations buy fuel that meets their minimum standards, and they all have basically the exact same standards. Here in the states it will all come out of the same pipeline, and same truck.

The only reason Chevron 94 may be better is because nobody else sells 94 and it is actually better. If you're on 91 which is as high as you can find in most of the states, there's no reason to hunt down the most expensive 91. It'll all be the same.

Premium Features