• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Some Mtn. Track Weights including the Polairs, Camo Ext, and AC Power Claw

xring60

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2008
Mountains
I'm sure some will tunnel there dragons to make it work. Or I figure if they sell a fair amount they will tool up for 15'' wide but I was just curious more than anything as how much weight gain the 3'' tracks give you.

174x16x3 weighs 74 pounds and that is fully clipped un-ported.

xring60

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2008
Mountains
Nope, I have one on my basically stock 800 Vert. Escape and ride with 3 others with normally aspirated stock bore sleds. Yeah, track speed isn't 80 mph but who needs 80 mph track speed??? Where we ride (trees, deep, steep) traction and flotation are everything.

Who cares what your track speed is it's all about ground speed.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Just for info, track weights and their effect on track speed.......one of our shop sleds ('09 XP...stock engine), we ran the stock 163, I never weighed that track buts it's very light for its size....I would guess close to 45 lbs??
But anyway, we changed to a Camo 174-2.5-16. This track is 70 lbs and fully clipped. We lost LESS than 2 mph climbing track speed in the deep, this is using the speedometer and then doing the calculation for MPH with the 174 to account for the smaller drivers. I was surprised we didn't lose more than that, but this was the reality. We did lose a noticable amount of "snappiness" with the heavy track....to be expected. This was with the identical clutching, changed only drivers and gearing, same RPM.
Of couse with teh 174 the sled puts a hard whoopin' on the 163's in the deep, that thing is a friggin' tractor, the places it will go are incredible! :beer;:)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Paul... A heavy track and light track with the same paddles will get to the same top track speed... Transient speed (Acceleration and Decel rates) , or On/Off/On trottle response will be much different between the two tracks...a heavy one compared to a light one.

Last edited:
P
Dec 5, 2009
Hood
I had my 2008 15X163" 2.4 2.86 pitch Poo track weighed at the Post Office today to get a shipping quote and it was 51.3 pounds. Lighter than I thought it would be. When I got my new 15X155 2.5 CE track from UPS the shipping slip said 63 pounds and the box weighed 2.5 so 60.5 lbs for the 9104m, ouch!!!! I hope UPS is over quoting their weights!!

Last edited:
Premium Features