• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowies riding conditions 23

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
Hopefully some people will start giving some reports. We are heading out late February staying at Albany Lodge. Had to cancel our trip this past winter due to lack of snow early January.

Fingers crossed for a better season.

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
I’ve heard that the snow is good for this time of year. Good break in condition. Also good “Breaking / Heavy Repair “ conditions. You have to know which meadows are good for early season riding. “A” arms are taking a beating. There’s slightly more snow at this time than there was last year. Forecast looks good for another system the first of next week.

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
Dealer Snow= More money in the dealers pocket from arms, skis, bulkheads and tunnel damage due to low snow conditions all from riding before the snow is deep enough to cover the land bombs
???

Haha thanks for the clarification...makes sense!

longvalley

Premium Member
Dec 21, 2014
hopefully old corral in centennial will start emailing their rider report soon. go to the website and sign up for the email to be sent to you

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
Went up the 26th. East side is still pretty thin. North and west sides are much better, but still thin. Be careful venturing off the trails. their are still a lot of rocks and stumps barely covered. If the forecast holds true for this weekend, it should be pretty good next week. We were told that the gap lakes were not very good yet. Little snow cover on those hills and they had noticed slushy conditions around the lakes edge.

bighillm7

Lifetime Membership
Sep 21, 2011
Central Iowa
I rode albany to the north on tuesday very thin snow. I would say 24" would be generous in most places LOTS of land mines. went east and west of the rob roy and not much difference. Wednesday rode out of green rock, went west and rode south of the highway but north of french creek on the west side. No tracks but awesome snow. I would say 4-5ft but not much base. we were on 850T 165 and it took all the sled we had to play in there so be careful. Thursday we stayed closer to greeenrock parking in some of the small meadows north of the highway and just west of the O trail. was a bit thin but didn't find hardly any land mines. I would still be very careful on the east side. Also on wednesday tried to cross the gap and turned back due to the lack of snow on the gap the boulders were not covered yet.

Premium Features