• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow X big bore 860 & 925 Custom Cylinder testing

T

Turbobusa

Feb 10, 2008
www.snowmobile-performanceparts.com
Bolted on our 3rd new Snow X big bore cylinder today, I will keep you updated on dyno tests and performance. Snow X has 5 more prototype cylinders, let me know if anyone is interested in helping test some, There is a group of us trying to get all the bugs worked out so these can be released next year.

PM me for more info.

IMG_2006.jpg IMG_2007.jpg IMG_2009.jpg

A
Dec 19, 2011
wow, a 925 xp?!

I don't even have time to ride this year, wish i could help test.

Please release some specs soon, even a rough idea of the power output?

200hp?

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Case mod on 925? I ran a 920 back in the day.. Could never get it to run right, guy made 3 of them. None ran! How are sealing the head? Copper rings?

G
Sep 12, 2004
wisconsin
I have done some dyno testing of the sno-x pistons vs the mcb dual ring pistons and the coating on the sno-x is far superior. there connecting rods from sno-x are a very good product.

I am sure the 925 is a totally different cylinder.

R
Dec 14, 2012
snow-x

We have been running snow x pistons in our sled and love them. we have been running the machines hard all season and inspected one set of pistons and there is almost no wear at all to the piston coatings and the cylinders look as good as new.

I will not go back to wiseco or spi pistons.

Put me down for a new big bore cylinder. Cant wait to get it installed and run.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Let me know if you still need a test pilot. If this engine can live through me riding it for a couple months......it is definitely ready for sale to the public!

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
If your still looking for test subjects, I'll test them , I have a 2009 xp 800 154 , that I was going to tear down and put in a new crank, Id have no problem running it up agains my 872 .

A
Dec 19, 2011
the website is pretty empty, can someone post some snowX parts info?

what makes there pistons so special? etc. who makes them? cpi?spi?mcb?prox?wiseco?wossner?

T

Turbobusa

Feb 10, 2008
www.snowmobile-performanceparts.com
Snow X Parts

the website is pretty empty, can someone post some snowX parts info?

what makes there pistons so special? etc. who makes them? cpi?spi?mcb?prox?wiseco?wossner?

I am just helping Snow X with some online stuff. Sorry the website is so empty, we wanted to test the products before we just threw them up online for everyone to use with out any test results (if you know what I mean).

Here is some info that I know about the pistons:

They are made by OEM Yamaha
They have an anodized coating that makes them very strong
They are also lighter than the stock pistons.

These are not cheap pistons like MCB & SPI We did look at those factorys, but we were not impressed at all with how they hand painted on the coatings

Thanks to all of you who volunteered to be test mules for the Big Bores.
blew threw those 25 cylinders fast, I will keep you updated on when I get more in that are for testing purposes.

A
Dec 19, 2011
Oem yammy pistons, cool, so there japanese, nicely coated. Sounds as good as a cast piston can get.

Looking forward to the 925 info. The 800r crank is going to soil it self out of fear when it sees those bad boys getting bolted down.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
I am just helping Snow X with some online stuff. Sorry the website is so empty, we wanted to test the products before we just threw them up online for everyone to use with out any test results (if you know what I mean).

Here is some info that I know about the pistons:

They are made by OEM Yamaha
They have an anodized coating that makes them very strong
They are also lighter than the stock pistons.

These are not cheap pistons like MCB & SPI We did look at those factorys, but we were not impressed at all with how they hand painted on the coatings

Thanks to all of you who volunteered to be test mules for the Big Bores.
blew threw those 25 cylinders fast, I will keep you updated on when I get more in that are for testing purposes.

my post is only to enlighten...not change the subject or create a riot...the MCB piston is built at a diff factory than the SPI (you guys flew to Taiwan and took a tour?)...the "hand painted coatings" you speak of are from a local guy (US chrome uses him too) who offers a PC9/slippery type coating as an option/upcharge for MCB...the MCB piston is hard anodized and the factory coating is the same as DOOs...for initial break in...nothing more.

Thank you and carry on...the 925 sounds promising...BJ

Premium Features