• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Smitty's Drop Brackets-which setting?

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
I've had my Smitty's drop brackets on my XP for quite some time now. I dropped the front axle and then dropped the back all the way to the 2nd hole (most drop). My skid sits almost flat but comes up a little in the front. I have not tried these brackets on the 1st hole on the brackets and was wondering what others have preferred and why. With the drop all the way down I think the sled burrows a little more when taking off in powder and the front steering seems a little heavier. What setting is everyone else running?

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
I've had my Smitty's drop brackets on my XP for quite some time now. I dropped the front axle and then dropped the back all the way to the 2nd hole (most drop). My skid sits almost flat but comes up a little in the front. I have not tried these brackets on the 1st hole on the brackets and was wondering what others have preferred and why. With the drop all the way down I think the sled burrows a little more when taking off in powder and the front steering seems a little heavier. What setting is everyone else running?

use the first hole only...the second is too much imho...BJ

M
Feb 23, 2009
Aurora Co.
I dropped mine back down to the first hole, and am happier with it. On the second hole (2") it was trenching too much on takeoff, some of that is due to my engagement being at 4500 rpm but a lot of it was due to altered attack angle, and it was making me a bit more top heavy. The first hole in back and 1 1/4 " down in front seems to be putting me on top of the powder faster and cutting down on the trench.

Premium Features