• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

smashed diamond drive case? 2013

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
Hey guys. I got this sled cheap from a buddy of a buddy. 2013 proclimb 162 limited with 3000 miles for 1500 USD. he said he launched it over his sled deck, onto the headache rack, then rolled it off the truck LOL!!

theres a few smashed plastics (a few of which im having a very hard time finding online) as well as a smashed chain case cover, and I believe whats called the "diamond drive" case... that does NOT look easy to replace.

what do you guys figure.. what do I need, and is there any "how to" videos or anything on his to disassemble or replace that part?

im not a sled expert to begin with, have raced and built dirtbikes all my life though so know how to work on motorsports. all my buddies are skidoo guys!

I believe I need part #1 here: http://www.arcticcatpartshouse.com/...f870022f14cdb043/hood-and-air-intake-assembly

and part #1 here too I think: http://www.arcticcatpartshouse.com/...4cdb044/windshield-and-instruments-assemblies

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Not Diamond Drive!
When replacing the chain case,(yes the whole case) get the mountain cat case.

last

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Sorry, i don't do microfiche, i call and ask the parts guy for my parts.
The Mountain cat case is longer. You will have to buy templates from an aftermarket company like TKI to cut out the tunnel for the longer case, it is worth every bit of time involved for the mod.
Sled is performs so much better.

Go Hawks!

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
If you are not into the drop kit for the Mountain Cat chaincase, we have a ton of take off cases and cover and can save you a bunch of money on the parts if you need help.

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
ok thats where im a little confused. I found that chain case microfiche also. im a microfiche guy... give the dealership a part number, and done deal. if you want something done right, do it yourself. if im having a hard time finding my own broken part, how am I supposed to describe it to the parts guy and hope he gets it right?!

anyways, that chain case microfiche Ive spent forever looking at.. I think I need both sides of the case dont I?

what others years fit, or dont fit?
and whats with all the different gear ratios? do I need to worry about any of that stuff? or just buy cases, swap my guts, and done?

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
If you are not into the drop kit for the Mountain Cat chaincase, we have a ton of take off cases and cover and can save you a bunch of money on the parts if you need help.

no, honestly. im not. ive got my summit that I plan on modding to the nuts. this cat kinda just fell off the guys truck, and into my lap.. im not gonna mod it and mess with it for months like I normally do. just kinda wanna fix it back to OEM condition real quick (which is tough enough for me as is), few test rides on her, and pass it to the next guy to fiddle with.

I would definitely be interested in a set of cases though from someone here... and any plastics that anyone might have laying around! you know better than what I do. just dont sell me the wrong part is all I ask!!! I believe I do need both sides though. and one HELL of a walkthrough on how to change this beast!

I need:

Pod, Instrument - Black
5706-232

Hood w/Decals - Right - Black (inc. 2-3 and 5)
3718-718

the 2 cases.

maybe a new windshield.

and to fix the speedo mount.

also, when the skis are straight, the bars are turned a little, what could be causing that?

Last edited:

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
Get the cases through Eric at Racinstation. The plastics call the dealer for including intake plenum. The gears Eric can help with also. I ordered a TKI belt drive along with inner case when my chaincase blew up. No I don't have to worry about my chaincase, gears, chain or oil. Just a simple belt and lost some weight too. Save your energy n have the dealer get your pieces n once you get the sled together flip it for a nice profit. However I would sell the summit and keep the cat any day of the week myself.

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
Get the cases through Eric at Racinstation. The plastics call the dealer for including intake plenum. The gears Eric can help with also. I ordered a TKI belt drive along with inner case when my chaincase blew up. No I don't have to worry about my chaincase, gears, chain or oil. Just a simple belt and lost some weight too. Save your energy n have the dealer get your pieces n once you get the sled together flip it for a nice profit. However I would sell the summit and keep the cat any day of the week myself.

PM send to racinstation. dealership wants $750 for the two cases!!!

im mainly concerned at the labor required to take both chain cases out, and off. seems like an all weekend job.. for me at least!

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
Contact Jeff at BDX on your hood pieces .......... you'll pay top dollar thru the dealer.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_category=16&controller=category

dealer prices were nuts. thats a very cool link though. thanks for that.

left and right chain case would have been $770 CAD.

I got them online for $200 USD.. $280 CAD after everything.

plastics too were half price.

parts have all been ordered.. my main concern is changing the chain case... it seems extremely intimidating.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Chain case

I've got a used inner and outer chain case from a 2016 sled that was converted to a 2017 mountain cat. Perfect shape.

I might have more parts if your still looking.

Parts are in Saskatchewan

Last edited:

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
conversion

I've got a used inner and outer chain case from a 2016 sled that was converted to a 2017 mountain cat. Perfect shape.

I might have more parts if your still looking.

Parts are in Saskatchewan

I know this is off topic but i have to ask is the update everything you wanted or expected, was it worth it and would you do it again?

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Very worth it

I know this is off topic but i have to ask is the update everything you wanted or expected, was it worth it and would you do it again?

It's very worth it in my opinion.
And yes I'd do it again.
Everybody that had rode the sled before and after the change can't believe the difference.
Power to the ground is better.
It gets on top of the snow quicker.
Handling is better. Side hills better.
There's less vibration from the track and drive shaft to the chassis with the 8 tooth drivers.

Premium Features