• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slp twins or single 02' 800 xc

P

polaris800

Nov 27, 2007
do the slp twins make 10 more hp than the single? I have the single now, but just wondering which runs better and easier to tune. 02' 800 xc

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
stick with the single
but if you want to sell it pm me
or even trade with me I got slp twins for edge /pro xr and gen 2 I believe
but in all reality I think the single is the better deal

I

IndoubtGASIT

Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Twins no doubt. Once you tune and clutch your sled right, you won't have to touch anything. Why settle for ten horse less?

S

Snowjunky

Jan 19, 2008
Loveland,Colorado
I would say it depends on where you ride and how much change in elevation you incounter on your ride. I just did this and the twins are definately more finiky with temp and elevation. with my single it was noticable but not as bad. However once you learn which jets work where its an easy ten horse to keep. Maintenence free=single in search of fun=twins

P

polaris800

Nov 27, 2007
i do all my riding in illinois and wisconsin so the elevation is somewhere around 1000-1500 ft.

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Twins no doubt. Once you tune and clutch your sled right, you won't have to touch anything. Why settle for ten horse less?

BS I want your bullet proof set up. I have NEVER seen a set of twins run like a single. There are all kinds of diff. sleds in my group all kinds of set ups. I think it comes down to do you want top end or bottom end. Do you want to tune or ride?

W
Mar 14, 2008
alaska
single

single is much easier to tune and will be trouble free. (gas n go).
why turn a fun sport into an exercise in frustration.

a good single with a can will yield you tons of fun at that altitude. just get your clutching and jettting on and ride it.

Premium Features