• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP 850 Power dome head

B
Nov 2, 2009
Will let you all know next trip out - outlaw pipes, head and new SLP outlaw flash. Just installed the head....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I’ve ran one from day one on my Khaos it runs good. Can’t compare to stock since I put it on when the sled was just out of the crate. Running SLP can, TRS clutching along with pro gears.

danby

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
mackenzie b.c canada
Just wondering if there are any more reviews on this head ? Wfieldin what elevation are you riding at ? If you don't mind me asking what clutching are you running ? Thanks.

danby

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
mackenzie b.c canada
Thanks for the reply, had any one ran one side by side with a stock head 850 ? I am trying to decide if it's worth it as I am in Canada and have to deal with the exchange rate. I don't want to deal with the Det issues guys have been having with putting a pipe on the 850's riding 3000-6000'. Thanks again

motodad383

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
SLP Outlaw Stage 2. Head, twin pipes, clutching, and tune. 8000' and up. Flawless. I run 8oz. of VP C-12 everytime i fill up. Don't like dealing with octane boost in a plastic bottle that i don't know the shelf life of. I'm good with using the VP the following winter if i don't use up what i bought for this winter.

This sled is so much fun, throttle response is excellant, and it just never quits pulling. I have always been pleased with SLP's performance and this set up is no different.
Kurt's gear down in the trailer. Hope i can hang on at my age.

C
Jan 14, 2020
SLP Outlaw Stage 2. Head, twin pipes, clutching, and tune. 8000' and up. Flawless. I run 8oz. of VP C-12 everytime i fill up. Don't like dealing with octane boost in a plastic bottle that i don't know the shelf life of. I'm good with using the VP the following winter if i don't use up what i bought for this winter.

This sled is so much fun, throttle response is excellant, and it just never quits pulling. I have always been pleased with SLP's performance and this set up is no different.
Kurt's gear down in the trailer. Hope i can hang on at my age.
just curious, what is 8 oz of c12 going to do at 108 octane with 640 oz (5 gallons) of 91 fuel? even to mix 5 gallons of 91 up to 92 octane you need 38.4 OZ of C12....

motodad383

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
I am not a scientist or chemical engineer. I go by experience and what SLP recommends. They recommend 1oz of Lucas oil octane boost/gal. of 91 octane above 5000' and 20% race gas below 5000' for detonation. I used the octane boost in a Pro chassis SLP Stage 5 that my son raced without issue. With out the octane boost it would detonate and go into limp mode. In his Stage 4 Axys i started using C-12 mixed with 91 octane with no issues. I called SLP about using race gas at elevation rather than octane boost in my twin piper and was told that would be fine and i would need just a "splash". I find the octane boost hard to find without ordering from Lucas and can't find a shelf life for it. I live at low elevation and once in while run my twin piper here, so the race gas just the right mix for me also. I still have all these sleds and all still run flawless. I just settled on 8oz for no other reason than its easy to measure in a ratio rite.

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
Ran one for 600 miles last year on my 21 from day 1... 8-10k ft...never had detonation ran premium fuel no additive... only issue was gotta throw some extra weight in the clutch this year. And hopefully the update driver kit and she will be nasty.

Last edited:

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
Similar question, i live in northwestrn BC and the majority of my riding is 3k to 6k ft and i am thinking about getting a head for my 22 RMK Matryx, my dealers mechanic who actually rides says it is a waist of time and money for our elevation. I see a lot of different heads out there and am just wondering if anybody that rides in similar elevations has tried out a head and what their feelings are? I don't want to take the word of 1 guy, I would rather listen to several people and make an educated decision. Thanks

Premium Features