• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sledin' in the Big Horns

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Stayed at Passage Resort 27th-28th, my son Cole and I. Needed to tune on a couple sleds, wind howled and got some nipped fingers,wrenched on Thurs. and Fri. morn. Rode up into Owens creek and found some nice powder piled up in trees and played in a bowl for a couple hours. Had rim of bowl slide as I sidehilled down into it, a good wakeup call that everything was windloaded on a frozen packed base, bout 2' deep. Another pair rode into this bowl, one guy rode right up to the edge not knowing it had slid minutes ago and had to drop off the edge.

Rocks were hard on tracks, ripped a whole 2.5" lug off mine, right down to cord, that sucks, wondering if track will hold up, boys sled lost a couple half lugs.

Be careful of a lot of track spin until more snow!!

Wish folks at Passage resort would get their building projects finished, was tight with parking, seems like the place has always been under const. since 02 or so. Free sat. phones in rooms were very nice, they finally have cable tv, fridge, microwave in rooms, new beds were comfy and warm, heating system wasn't, but they had utility heaters if the floor heat in your room was lacking. Guess they had problems breaking some of the glycol lines when trenching.:rolleyes:
Food was xcellant and cooks were very generous, bar was all but empty and quiet, that used to be the best thing about this place, walk in after the day or in the middle of the day to warm up or have a drink with sled vids on and a fire roaring. Now there's No One Under 21 signs on all the doors. If you've got your kids or teens along, you've got to leave them behind. Were a few groups staying there that didn't walk in the door because their boys could not come in.
At Bear you can at least have fun around the bar area watching sled vids and enjoying the festive atmosphere. Guess they must be cracking down on underage in the bar scene.

Anyway, at risk of getting any more longwinded:face-icon-small-win, had fun and can't wait to go back to the Horns. Have fun and be careful.:beer;:)

Got a few pic's, son has some learning to do with camera:eek:, am looking forward to riding again at end of Jan., as work will interfere till then.

Hoping sledghost has Racer-X sled ready to go then.

Last edited:

diggler

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Kalispell, MT
yeah the horns were fun heres a few more pics from this weekend. But it was tough to see today it was snowing and blowing hard. In a few more weeks it should be prime. Hopefully we can make another trip back out here sometime.

IMG_0417 (Small).jpg IMG_0420 (Small).jpg IMG_0413 (Small).jpg

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Yeah, Kristy, have stayed there several times over the years, was there over the e-coli incident.:eek: Unforgetable times.:)

Looks like you guys had a good time diggler, was following your thread before you left for your ride.;)

S
Dec 9, 2007
Passage Resort

These people suck and would not recomend to anyone. Unless you like E-coli poisoning. Go to Bear Lodge or Arrowhead don't mess with Passage Puke Resort. storyboy.

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
New Owners!!

These people suck and would not recomend to anyone. Unless you like E-coli poisoning. Go to Bear Lodge or Arrowhead don't mess with Passage Puke Resort. storyboy.

I understand and was around when this happened several years ago (drank the water never got sick). But they do have new owners, along with a very expensive water system. I do believe everyone deserves a chance. I hung out more regular at Bear Lodge but we all including lodge owners would support the other lodges on the mountains!!

B

Bullcamp

Dec 6, 2007
WY
Have been over the Burgess end of the mountain a couple times the last few days and the lodge looks to be planning for lots of beelers the future. Give them a break and wait on the good snow to come. It'll be here.

hvfun

Premium Member
Nov 10, 2003
Williston, N.D.
Jay, too bad I couldn't have gotten there sooner to let you try out the turbo. Looks like you had a great time. I like the passage, good rooms and great food, good service. Stayed there this summer while atv'ing. I always hit all three places and stay where ever I find a room. I too was in for the runs after using ice in my drink, that was a few years back.

C

chris587

Dec 24, 2007
Pierre, SD
South Big Horns

We got back from the horns on Thursday and had a great time. The lodge at Meadowlark was not quite prepared but we managed to find a beer:D and some fun at the lodge along with some great snow. We had some fun with the new owners, thanks Bob, and it looks like the will get things in order. If you want to know the best info, talk to big horn belle and she will get you the most up to date info. Thanks!

WYrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Gillette, WY
I would probably go to bear lodge more often but too many peeps and tracked up snow alot. Southside is shorter for me and have yet to cut tracks :)

Lots of places to get away from the peeps up North. Both days this weekend we cut trails to the good spots. Didnt see a single soul on Sunday but there was a ton of people out once we got back to the trail. We found a ton of powder too. :D

South side got a good start this year. Past years They don't get the amount of snow the North side gets.

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
Lots of places to get away from the peeps up North. Both days this weekend we cut trails to the good spots. Didnt see a single soul on Sunday but there was a ton of people out once we got back to the trail. We found a ton of powder too. :D

South side got a good start this year. Past years They don't get the amount of snow the North side gets.

Yah ill need to get up there again. when ya going again Brant? and dont bring Landon and that retarted XP :rolleyes: I dont want to make him cry

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
thinking about heading there next weekend.. if i can get my apex fixed.. might have to see if there is any snowesters there cause i have never road the south side

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Making plans to go back up 24,25,26.
Will get rooms wherever we can, Bear Lodge has treated us very good over the years also, had a mix-up in who answered the phone last year, pulled in to Bear to check in, no reservations, was wondering why no conf. #, here we had rooms at Arrowhead. Roberta did some room shuffling and got us in for a couple days, very accomodating, great food as usual.:beer;:)

S
Nov 27, 2007
MN
We'll be riding the 24th & 25th.

I've stayed at all of the places there, and knock on wood, have had good to say about all. We'll be staying at Bear Lodge since we have a quite large group.

Premium Features