• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled wraps, why so busy?

H

Heypal

Nov 26, 2007
Paynesville, MN
So the last several years, sled wraps have become very popular. Hey, what a great way to personalize ones ride! However, I see riders posting pics of there sleds everyday on this sight and I have yet to see one appealing to me. They are just so overwhelmingly busy. Why? Why not produce a few wraps that are a little more subtle. In my opinion, most look like the local paint salesmen forgot to pound the lid on the paint can before throwing them in the paint shaker.

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
Wraps are definitely one of those "to each their own" type of things. I bought my assault used and it had a wrap on it. I didn't really know what to think of it right off the bat so I rode it a year with it on. I decided it really wasn't for me so I took it off, what a pain in the butt that was. I would however like to do a factory matching tunnel wrap. Not flashy, just a little extra.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Here's the wrap Jordan at arctic fx made for my red '11 pro. Did the sidepanels with 3m shrink film in flat black then wrapped over the top. I wanted it to look stock to anyone who didn't know their sleds.

image.jpg

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Here's the wrap Jordan at arctic fx made for my red '11 pro. Did the sidepanels with 3m shrink film in flat black then wrapped over the top. I wanted it to look stock to anyone who didn't know their sleds.

thats a good lookin sled, simple and cool.

I agree on the busy busy, man most the pic I see look like you let the kid on a sugar high loose with the crayons and finger paint, how do people think of most all those wack designs, Lol some are kinda cool but Wow.

kinda comical on the Pro I seen with so many different color parts everywhere, top and bottom a arms different colors each spindle different color both skis different colors, rails had 3 colors per rail, etc etc.. Lol

Wildcard

B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
not that I can even find one for an 04 KC9, but... I have to agree. The designs put out these days look like tweeker puke.

oh well... I'll stick with stock. maybe a sticker or two.

B
Sep 19, 2010
Utah/South Dakota

Nice looking wrap! That has got to be one of the nicer looking ones out there? For what it's worth, I am not a Poo fan or a black/red fan, but I really like what you have pulled off! Good job!
Less is more in my book!

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Agreed, I really don't like all the neon colors splattered all over everywhere. Arctic Fx has it nailed with the colors and styles they offer I think.

In the end though, all that matters is if the owner of said sled likes it.

My wrap is almost done, I worked with a company to design my own wrap, some people will think it is geeky as all hell, but I love it. LOL.

Braap Wraps

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2013
Laramie Wyoming
www.sledthreads.biz
I would like to offer that we are a start up company and this something that we have noticed in the industry.

I bought a new sled this spring and was thinking about wraping it. When I started looking for a wrap all I could find was wraps that look like color had just been puked up all or them. That is not my style. So with that we started to make our own designs.

As a company we are trying to put forth our best effort to make simple themed wraps with colors that look great together.

We also offer custom design.

Feel free to take a look. at www.sledthreads.biz The wedsite is a bit rough because we are spending more time with design than we are working on the website.

You can also check out what we have at http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356992

We are trying to add a design each week.

Let me now what you think about the designs. I like to hear what peoples thoughts are and ways we can improve. It helps us make our designs appeal to the riders of today.

Kyle

M
Nov 28, 2007
My take on it, Why make your sled look like everyone elses? why not have a sled that stands out from everyone, that people look at for 3 hours and still not understand what is going on.
This is exactly why Arctic fx's slogan is "Make it yours" so that you can make your sled as plain or crazy as you want. Why is there so many options when buying a new truck? so you can make it how you want. Why not just recognize the fact that people like to have something that is different than the rest? Customized to their liking with whatever amount of color or crazy that they want. Why stay on the trail, when there is so much to explore :)

On that note, My new wrap/sled looks like a magical unicorn ate 6 boxes of crayons, 4 bags of skittles, and 13 magic markers and threw It back up! And I love it!

1474792_10152070883162340_1024300002_n.jpg

S
Nov 30, 2007
cda, idaho
for those of us who lived through the eighties, compared to those who weren't even a swimming sperm in their dads testicals, 80's colors sucked!

but to each's own....most of the bright colored sleds in my opinion are Fugly!.

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
lots of options for colors, schemes, companies doing them..one thing I thought was interesting is that they all have their free advertsing all over your sled even though you paid for it! lol

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
The same reason not everyone wants to wear black KLIM gear. To break from the herd.

LIfe is full of all kinds of styles...pick what you like and run with it.

The industry pushes their riders to go in that direction so that the sleds and gear stand out easily in photos and videos. That tends to set a trend that other people emulate. Who knows in five years black may be the new black. :)

Its also easy to find me when I am on the side of the mountain wrapped up in the trees.

1004986_325952260880126_1006770241_n.jpg

THE CREW replica wrap available at
www.509ink.com

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
The beauty of the wrap. You make it yours, just how you want it. whether pyschadelic, smooth, crisp, styled, or puked on by a unicorn on a skittle binge.
When the new owner comes along he can take it off with NO cosmetic affects and start over if he wishes.

everyone has different styles, taste, and flavor. just like music, some of us like classic rock, some dubstep, and some like country... the important thing is that we all step up and try and keep riding areas open.

make it yours today: http://www.arcticfxgraphics.com/shop/wrapr.html

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
There are some cool wraps on here and some pretty flashy ones at that. They look cool and definitely stand out on camera as well. But they are just not for me.
With that said I did just the flat black on the tunnel and then did some sticker removal on the rest of the sled. Along with some painting of the shock springs, spindles, rear bumper mounts and the skid suspension parts, and gauge lifter. Mine is unique to me and I like it better than any wrap I have seen. But I might be a little biased as it is my sled. :)

This is the stock PRO (how mine looked when I got it)
I forgot to take any good pictures before I started the makeover.

hazumesy.jpg

egytedev.jpg

After the paining, tunnel wrap and sticker removal.

emysu6ep.jpg

u3esu9yr.jpg

e7ebaqyj.jpg

hehuzyte.jpg

6ume3u6y.jpg

Last edited:
S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
to each their own. I for one am not a fan of full wraps. Only wrap i would put on mine is to keep the snow from sticking to my tunnel. If i could get something basic, mainly black bit of white and a color would be Fine but its hard to find that they are all every color of the rainbow or lame skulls or something. Im quite aware of the arctic fx build your own wrap, ive made mostly black with a bit of white and orange ones on there but nothing to make me pay $300 for and $200 for the tunnel and tank. Would rather get some raptor springs and revalve my shocks.

i like my stock sled..... May put a black tunnel wrap on this summer, matts sides and gloss top to match my side panels and hood.

1461077_10151996065308948_1231548576_n.jpg

Premium Features