• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled lift

PowderStew

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Smithers BC
Here are drawings for one I built myself. Not sure where I got them, likely from someone on here. Best home shop project I ever did. Added casters to move it around.

Attachments

• SledLift1.pdf
    320.9 KB · Views: 215
  • sledLift2.pdf
    295.6 KB · Views: 202
  • SledLift3.pdf
    189.8 KB · Views: 79
  • SledLift4.pdf
    189.6 KB · Views: 97

Rockpicker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2011
Miller, SD
Sled Lift

Call Craig at 218-850-4999. He builds them out of aluminum, they are very sturdy and well built, and you don't need to be a professional athlete to move the thing. I absolutely love mine and have had several others get one after seeing mine. I carry mine in the trailer all the time and use it right out on the snow.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
I have two. One is the traditional scissor style lift like most have with the crank on the front. I too made an adaptor for my 1/2" drill to raise and lower it. Don't use your impact wrench because eventually it will strip out the all thread inside the tube. Experience talking there.

I have a second one that is home built that I use for all sorts of things and can carry in my trailer. It is basically a boat trailer winch mounted on a stand. I can raise or lower either end by the bumper. Not as good as the scissor style one but very handy and quick for simpler projects. It's made out of 1" square steel tubing, it has two feet that extend forward on either side of the track, a 5' high post and then a cross bar sticking forward 12" with the winch mounted on a face plate welded to it. The 1" tubing flexes under a load but doesn't bend and is adequate for the job. I should have made it a little taller and maybe with a 1" x 2" post but I just threw a bunch of scraps together one night in the garage and viola! Necessity is the mother of invention.

T

tar

Nov 26, 2007
Sumas WA
This is what I built with an old engine hoist and some scrap steel laying around. The bottom is the cart drive on drive off.
when the sled is on the cart the ski pads are flat.
The lift will hook onto the cart.
For summer storage I will leave the lift under the sled on the cart and roll it out of the way.
A little redneck engineering.

Tar

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1420519282580.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1420519316868.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1420519347800.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features