• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ski spindle kit

D
Nov 26, 2007
Tieton,Wash
anyone install this on their 08 - 10 xp. I have heard this is a favorable upgrade along with the s 36. it includes the ds2? skis and carbides along with the newer spindles

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
I know you specified '08 to '10 so this might not help but I did install it on my '11
Yes, it comes with the good DS2 skis (Awesome) and carbides. You will reuse your rubbers though if I remember right.
The visual difference is minimal but the handling is amazing.

07SummitX800R

Dec 2, 2007
Stansbury Park, Utah
I bought a set of take off DS2 skis from the dealership last year for $125 for the set. Wish I'd bought another pair. They're way better than the Pilot's that came with my '08 XP. Then a few weeks ago I found a set of take off 2013 spindles for an XM for $165 shipped. So essentially I paid less than $300 for the whole setup that's the same as the DS2 Spindle upgrade. Sitting on the concrete, I can already tell a difference in the ease of the steering. I can't wait to try it on the snow.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Tieton,Wash
I know you specified '08 to '10 so this might not help but I did install it on my '11
Yes, it comes with the good DS2 skis (Awesome) and carbides. You will reuse your rubbers though if I remember right.
The visual difference is minimal but the handling is amazing.

so the DS2 skis are a really good upgrade it sounds that will complement the s36 kit. Is it just in the steering or even in the tippiness of sled?

Thanks for input

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
so the DS2 skis are a really good upgrade it sounds that will complement the s36 kit. Is it just in the steering or even in the tippiness of sled?

Thanks for input
The spindles help create a wider balance point for carving and sidehilling and the force needed to turn in heavy snow or packed trails is much less. They got it right with the spindles and ski combo.

I really couldn't compare the difference just between the old Pilots and the DS2's since I never had the old Pilots but friends of mine had said there is a huge difference in handling and sidehilling.

Premium Features