• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski and suspension question

J
Oct 16, 2012
2007 m8, wondering what's the best ski for mountain use. Have the original right now and the tips are so bent up its hilarious. Been looking at the grippers from Polaris. Lots say powder pros. Just looking for quick opinions and experience. Also with my sled I don't have the floats suspension. Any body with a quick idea how I should have the front setup to lift the sled up and outta snow better. I had them stiff and it seemed to trench out real easy. Just softened the front and going out tomorrow.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I'm a big fan of the grippers.

The tips flex in soft snow better than the powder pros and give them better flotation in my opinion. I like the stock skis too, I just think the grippers float a little better in blower snow.

As far as trenching goes, look up the 'geo mod' on here. That repositions the pivot points in the skid just a tad but it gets more pressure on the track.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Soften the fronts to be almost floppy, I think I had about an inch of threads showing when I had mine. Won't be the best on the trail. But will be much better off trail. Loosen the front track shock nearly all the way. Let out the limited straps all the way.

Sent from my telephone

G
Oct 24, 2009
skis

hi , I just put c/a pro mtx
skis on my 07 1000 , what a difference , turns good, runs the trail good and floats the front good in the powder ! wish I had these long ago .

Premium Features