• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Side Panel vents - full replacement?

C
Dec 26, 2008
I'd like to get some side panel vents, but it seems like almost all of them are meant to be installed into your existing side panels. Since one of my side panels is already toast - are there any vents that replace the whole side panel?

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I have never seen them and I do not think they exist. I have seen people selling the side panels with vents already in them.....but that is a million dollar idea. If a vendor/someone could sell sidepanels with vents already installed, for a reasonable price...they would sell like hot cakes....best bet = check ebay or forum classified (they are usually gone quick though!)

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
Call Fastrax Motorsports, I hear they will have some carbonfiber side panels with vents built in.

Doug is correct, we are in the final mold stages and will be producing side panels shortly for polaris and yamaha-cat soon to follow.
The panels are constructed from carbon fiber and will have venting built in. I will post more info and pics when we are satisfied with the end product. We are also producing IQ/IQR mod hoods and mod fuel tank consoles out of the same materials. Our hoods have a little more room for pipes/turbo intakes and the headlight pod is sealed to be used as a cold air intake.
We will be showing all of these products at the Puyallup snow show also if any of you are coming!

curt

C
Dec 26, 2008
That's great news. Can you give us a ballpark of the price for these? If they'll be available within the next month or two I'll try and wait.

Doug is correct, we are in the final mold stages and will be producing side panels shortly for polaris and yamaha-cat soon to follow.
The panels are constructed from carbon fiber and will have venting built in. I will post more info and pics when we are satisfied with the end product. We are also producing IQ/IQR mod hoods and mod fuel tank consoles out of the same materials. Our hoods have a little more room for pipes/turbo intakes and the headlight pod is sealed to be used as a cold air intake.
We will be showing all of these products at the Puyallup snow show also if any of you are coming!

curt

S
Aug 22, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I think I'll hold off ordering side panel vents if a complete panel with vents will be available soon. Why carbon fiber? Sounds expensive. What's wrong with plastic? As soon as you have an idea on pricing, please let us all know!

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
They'll be available by mid october at the latest(puyallup show)-very possibly sooner.

I gotta be vague on pricing still but I'll bet you are all pleasantly surprised.....

(insert evil chuckle here.....)

curt

Would you guys be willing to do a group buy for SnoWest?

I'd sure be interested in that, as would at least eleventy billion other SnoWesters with IQ/RAW sleds ;)

B
Mar 14, 2009
Put me down for a set as long as they are not too expensive. I need a left side panel anyway, so these might just kill 2 birds with one stone.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i would be down for 1 or 2 complete sets (left/right) for sure if these babies are as nice as they sound..

Curt makes amazing stuff so quality is a no brainer when it comes to his stuff..

but like mentioned...price is the key!!

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
Put me down for a set as long as they are not too expensive. I need a left side panel anyway, so these might just kill 2 birds with one stone.

Thats the plan guys, knowing what oem panels are costing now, we think we can produce these WITH the venting installed for the same as you are paying for stock-possibly cheaper. We chose carbon fiber for its rigidity- the rigidity will help keep the side panels out of your clutch when you've got the sled on its side. They also hold their shape better so your fit and finish to the hood and fenders will be much better after a season of hard riding.Plus it looks nice!
We are currently working on fine tuning the molds so the fit will be better than the stock panels(those huge gaps drive me insane-no reason for it)
Our panels are inset so the vents fit flush to the outside surface instead of laying on top-just a nice design change that protects the vent a little more also.
We are also producing mod hoods with cold air intakes built in and fuel tank consoles out of the same materials-all will be available soon-I'll keep you posted on pricing when we are ready to release product.

curt

Premium Features