• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Side panel tab fixes?

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Anyone come up with an inexpensive way to fix/replace the hook tabs on the oil cap panel and the right hand panel? Was considering trying to 3d print and rivet something but wanted to check here first. Also trying to avoid buying new panels if possible.

-CT

I
Jan 28, 2023
New England
Anyone come up with an inexpensive way to fix/replace the hook tabs on the oil cap panel and the right hand panel? Was considering trying to 3d print and rivet something but wanted to check here first. Also trying to avoid buying new panels if possible.

-CT

This is a SWAG....but I have repaired composition panels with SEM Structual repair products.... possibly back plate the part with aluminum , adhesive & possibly even a couple of rivets?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
how did all those tabs break off?

-CT

grich8888

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
update, the amazon link won't work, this is what its called if you want to search it, "

MERWOF Upgraded 100W Bumper Repair Kit Plastic Welder Machine, Hot Stapler Gun Plastic Welding Kit with 400PCS Hot Staples & Smoothing Tip(Red)"​

I repaired mine with one of these plastic "welder" guns. Mine wasn't ripped off but was flopping around. You put a small metal tab in the gun that you then melt or 'weld' into the injured area, which gets now reinforced with a small piece of metal to span the weak or broken plastic. The metal tabs that stick out, I used a grinder to smooth out, then melted the plastic around it so you can't see the metal tab. Its strong and works great. If the tab were broken off, I'm not sure how you would fix it without buying a new one.

1681311036359.png

Premium Features