• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matrix RH Side Panel - Rip - Watch the front tab when reinstalling

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Just a warning to check the front tab on the RH side panel on Matryx every time you remove it. I was out riding last week and when I got back I noticed that the side panel had ripped vertically from the front tab maybe 8 inches (20cm) long. Yes I had it on that side during a rollover, but nothing out of the ordinary that we wouldn't do every day. I found no marks on the muffler or the panel below the side panel which suggest to me it was pulled out to tear it, not crushed inward..

So either a branch or something went through the panel and pulled it out or when I put it back on, my old eyes missed putting the front tab back in it's slot and it was hanging out. All it took was one branch and viola.....a very long rip in the panel!!!

I ordered a new one and fixed the old with 3M panel adhesive, but I found the area around the tab to be very weak.

Think I'm going to put that lower aluminum plate back on the new one when I get it as that corner is much stiffer with it in place. I find the panels flimsy especially where it counts!!!

Just curious if anyone else had a similar issue.

OTM

IMG_7666.jpg

IMG_7668.jpg

Premium Features