• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Should I change from my challenger 162 to the power claw?

D
Dec 5, 2007
Riverton, WY
I have an 06 M7 with a challenger 162. I don't have the money to buy a new sled which is what I would love to do, but do have enough money to do some slight upgrades. I have changed the gearing, clutching, a few light weight components. I was wondering if anyone has switched to the power claw or if you have it and it would be worth the money to switch over. Thanks

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
I have not had a, or ridden a sled with a PC track, but I was VERY happy with my CH-EX, happy enough I decided to go through the cost and hassle of a D&R on my D8 to clear the CH-EX track. I love the CH-EX for the area we ride in mostly.

good luck!

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
While I may be wrong I think he is talking about switching from a standard Cat Challenger (not the CE) to a Power Claw. I did that last year on my '05 M7 and it was worth it. To me it seemed like the PC has the ability to find traction after it started to lose it, while the challenger once it started losing traction, it would never get it back. Maybe a goofy description but don't know how else to put it.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Changed out my 08 to the PC and loved it. great track and well worth the money. PM Freeagent on here and she will give you a great price and have it at your door in a few days.

D
Dec 5, 2007
Riverton, WY
Well thanks everyone for your input. And I have heard both so many times power claw, powder claw, I don't know. Anyway, I have heard nothing but awesome things about this track. Next question, where can I get a good deal on one?

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
the best deal your going to find is michelle atg oregon trail sports her name on here is freeagent or call 541-523-3500

J
Dec 19, 2007
I hope it's worth the money, I just bought one for my 07 M8, from Michelle AKA Freeagent, she is awesome a pleasure to deal with and great prices. PM her for details.

Premium Features