• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seeley lake riding Elevation

mwboondockers

Midwest Boondocker’s
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Trempealeau,Wis.
There is a group of us going to Seeley Lake in January. What elevation do you clutch for? I see town is only 4000' but what elevation do you ride at? If anyone has any good input on where to ride that would be appreciated also. We will be out there Jan. 7-12 pending the snow is good, if anyone wanted to show us around also.

Thanks

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
riding is pretty much 5-7k.

Take a look at the trail maps when u get to town. Lots of cool terrain fairly easily accesible via the trail network

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Watch for stumps, bring avy gear.
Get a trail map.
Preload your GPS maps because cell service is pretty spotty.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Watch for stumps, bring avy gear.
Get a trail map.
Preload your GPS maps because cell service is pretty spotty.

So your saying dont head right past the warming hut into the clear cut burned and dip skis ? Lol.

No joke, all the log cuts down low might start looking good by early Jan but reality is they are just landmine city.. Seeley has some incredible riding, but also plenty of opportunity to get greedy on the trail in and find your self limping home looking for parts.

Last edited:

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
Depending on the year, I would say more.
4495a7889bbfc7be558598ce50793882.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Yeah, seeley gets way different type of snow then cooke and because its lower and warmer it generally has a little shorter season BUT, mid year is off the charts, they get MORE snow and it has more moisture so you get more push and drive out of it. Also being a couple thousand feet lower, lots more HP!

im smack dab in the middle of cooke and seeley. Cooke is my early and late season go to and I ride seeley a lot during the middle of the winter.

<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-permalink=""

Last edited:
C

CHAOS RACING

Mar 5, 2012
North East
We're headed there in mid February, my sister in-law lives in Arlee. Hopefully by mid Feburary most stumps crap have good cover. Thanks for the elevations! I was coming on here to ask that exact question (y)

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Some of the best tree riding I've ever found was in Seeley. I'm looking forward to going back.

Also, Kurt at Kurt's Polaris a great source of information and local knowledge. He's a great dude.

Premium Features