• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seeley Lake 13/14

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Went to the little Africa area above Marshall lake today. It was decent but snowed the whole time we were there. Also saw a pretty decent natural slide up there, easily big enough to bury you. Avalanche danger is pretty real everywhere right now, be smart. Will be back tomorrow! I think I need an apartment in Seeley for the winter!
hatynyqy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarbonWerx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2010
Missoula, MT
Went to the little Africa area above Marshall lake today. It was decent but snowed the whole time we were there. Also saw a pretty decent natural slide up there, easily big enough to bury you. Avalanche danger is pretty real everywhere right now, be smart. Will be back tomorrow! I think I need an apartment in Seeley for the winter!
hatynyqy.jpg

Need a roomate? Wish it would cool off. And the wind could go away too. Are you calling little africa the boulders up behind dinah or is it an area closer to marshall. Not been all that close to marshall.

Aaron

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
I call little Africa the clear cuts above to the northwest of Marshall. It's a good place for beginners. The rain today sucked but hopefully it will dump over night.

I

IndoubtGASIT

Nov 26, 2007
Montana
On top, west of Dinah. I was amazed how much the snow has set up back up in there.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yeah, I'm sure. Warm temps, wind and two weeks to settle will do that.

M

mtnryder

Jan 25, 2010
Great Falls/Cabin in Lincoln
Sunday Ride

I rode the Seeley club poker run on Sunday. East side Augie and Richmond area trail and the snow is really nice . I was expecting a little ice but not a bit once I crossed Cottonwood Lakes road out of the parking lot. Sunny and warm. Tons of sleds and trailers in Seeley. Something tells me the riding is great everywhere in the Seeley area. :face-icon-small-win

M

MT BoonDockerBoy

Dec 23, 2012
Seeley Lake, MT
www.calebkesterke.com
Not the ideal snow conditions right now but it's been sunny and warm and I've been taking advantage of what I can. Spring riding came early folks… With that also be careful what you climb, got myself into a bit of a mess today. No broken body parts or sled parts though so we're all good :face-icon-small-ton

33w6w6q.jpg

zx0dms.jpg

33fde6f.jpg

M

MT BoonDockerBoy

Dec 23, 2012
Seeley Lake, MT
www.calebkesterke.com
Yeah I have parts of it on video. I have the climb up on on FB and I will also put together an edit later this week and I'll probably have some it in it. It wasn't really all that exciting. Just pushed her off the rocks, it rolled about 7 times and then I was able to run down and stop it. But it was a good reminder to be careful of what you climb. I could've looped and came down a different way but I didn't want to go into the wilderness.

https://www.facebook.com/BoonDockerBoy

rrjames

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2012
Missoula, MT
Finally rode Seeley on Friday and Saturday and all I can say is that I have been missing out bigtime.

Premium Features