• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Secondary clutch tool

Revolvelutions

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2014
Northern Wisconsin
Just wanted to give you a heads up.
While I absolutely love every other clutch tool C-T has to offer.
The C-T Powersports spring compressor tool comes with a compression nut handle that is only on one side of the nut. Being designed this way is a big PITA because when you go to spin it on, since its weighted on only one side with the handle the nut just stops. So you end up having to spin it by hand making circles around the bolt. This coupled with the fact that it doesn't have much of a round spacer between it and the spring cup/helix makes for a long annoying process of screwing and unscrewing.

Last edited:

SkidooSteve12

Young boondocker trainer
Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Fruitport, MI
Just wanted to give you a heads up.
While I absolutely love every other clutch tool C-T has to offer.
The C-T Powersports spring compressor tool comes with a compression nut handle that is only on one side of the nut. Being designed this way is a big PITA because when you go to spin it on, since its weighted on only one side with the handle the nut just stops. So you end up having to spin it by hand making circles around the bolt. This coupled with the fact that it doesn't have much of a round spacer between it and the spring cup/helix makes for a long annoying process of screwing and unscrewing.

Do you have a picture of a better tool?

I guess it depends on how often you change out your helix as to how many times you deal with the long annoying process.

You can just use a regular nut with a ratcheting wrench to screw and unscrew the helix into place. I do that with my spring compressor setup.

Revolvelutions

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2014
Northern Wisconsin
this is just an example. which looks easier to spin.
Just so you're not confused this would be used for your primary but since he linked the c-t powersports site a lot of people end up going with the whole kit (such as I) which includes the spring compressor with base. Spinning the handle on has become the most tedious process of going through my clutch system.

b_Clutch%20Holder_L.png

RZRclutchTOOL-1.jpg

Last edited:

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
For the secondary I used half inch ready rod a big washer exhaust pipe expanding tool and a couple nuts and a piece of pvc. I can change the spring or helix right on the sled with out pulling the whole shaft. I will get some pictures on when I get home

SkidooSteve12

Young boondocker trainer
Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Fruitport, MI
Whatever works and whatever fits your time frame is usually how it goes... cost isn't always a factor.

I have some of Chris's tools and also made some of my own. I did buy the bolts that he sells so that I can remove the helix and spring while on the sled, if ever needed.

trenchking

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Cheater! Stock is what you should be running, how can the rest of us keep up now?

Premium Features