• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cool Tools for 850 Doo's

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
Thought I would share the tools I found for the 850 Doo's.
First is a cool tool for compressing the pDrive clutch on the 850's, for easy clutching or maintenance.

the second is a must have for your Etec tool kit.

Check them out

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
The spark plug tool looks interesting, the pics on their website aren’t the greatest and it took me a minute to understand how it worked.

Have you tried one yet?

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
The spark plug tool looks interesting, the pics on their website aren’t the greatest and it took me a minute to understand how it worked.

Have you tried one yet?
Yes, it works great.
here are some better pics from Extreme vents site.

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
I bought that spark plug wrench but haven't tried it yet. Wondering how you get the mag side clip on the plug wire snapped shut without pulling the secondary?

snowpatrol

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Puyallup WA.
Thought I would share the tools I found for the 850 Doo's.
First is a cool tool for compressing the pDrive clutch on the 850's, for easy clutching or maintenance.

the second is a must have for your Etec tool kit.

Check them out
you better buy several of those pdrive tools. i used mine twice and i already bent the crap outta the backside arm. it is worthless now!!

E
Dec 19, 2007
you better buy several of those pdrive tools. i used mine twice and i already bent the crap outta the backside arm. it is worthless now!!
Mine did the same, just put it in a vise and push it back to the right shape. Great idea and it does work but could be made from a stiffer steel. Pushing on the sheave while levering the cam down will help not bend the arm. It also has a bit to do how smooth your clutch moves, dirty clutches take more force to compress...

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta

Kinda sounds like user error, or the arms are loose and not set correctly when the torque is applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
A quality tool shouldn’t bend and stay bent. Some flex is expected, but it shouldn’t hold what is called a “permanent set” after minor deflection. It is probably just mild steel.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
If its installed correctly and set right on the clutch correctly, there should be no side loading when the torque its applied. It should be a straight pull on all three steel pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
I bought one similar to this from Goodwin Performance and I have had no problems with it.
Gen 4

Premium Features