• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seat for a Gen 2: old knees!

B
Oct 29, 2012
Greetings all,

I am new to this so excuse any issues! I have a 2001 RMK 800 that I love! all the new sleds are grand but this baby can climb! only issue is the low seat and my knees are not getting along that well. I have heard that a seat from an edge chassis will fit on my sled and that they are a few inches taller.

1) can anyone confirm the rumor it will fit?

2) Do you have an old take off seat laying around that you want to sell? prefer black, red or a combo, but could live with some white and or gray... I am looking for the one with the plastic wedge and the very short length.

Thanks gents, almost time to play!

Eric

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Not sure if it will fit, but try the seat from a 2004 800 Pro XR (part # 2683373). It is taller and shorter than the standard seats. It was designed for the stand-up rally masters of the day just prior to the rider forward movement. You may have to reinforce the tunnel as the seat ends about halfway up the tunnel. Go online to "babbittsonline.com" and search through the Polaris parts menu and you can see it. You might try a BOSS seat as well or visit your favorite upholstry shop and have them add some foam. And do not ride a new model, that seat fix will be around $12k. 550iq

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
seat

Boss high rise is what I use. It is the same height as the fuel filler cap. Check around for one for your Gen II. The edge seat isn't that much taller although the ProX seat is. The edge seat has a kick up in the base. Some guys say the Boss for an edge will work but I don't like the stress your sled puts on it pulling it down flat.

There has been some activity of guys putting the Dragon seat on but I think you will have to put the gas tank on too. If you do that it should be pretty nice.

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
Yes, an edge seat will fit on your GEN II. The only thing i noticed with the one i put on my GEN II was that there was a slightly bigger gap between the seat and tank, but doesn't effect anything.

B
Oct 29, 2012
thanks!

Thanks for the great info guys! I would be interested in the boss seat when you get it back some pics would be awesome.

F
Nov 20, 2012
I would recommend changing how you ride old man, so you have your feet in-front of you instead of behind you putting all the stress on your knees. :bounce:

Premium Features