• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rumblepak cans?

T
Jan 3, 2008
Park Rapids, MN
Anybody run one of these? I have an 02 600 RMK and an 04 700 RMK and I see the one can will fit both sleds. Is there a noticable power/weight difference from stock? How is the sound, I end up riding some trails in MN and don't need a real high decibal can.

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
I bought one at haydays last year! WAY TOO LOUD big power losing POS

I rode one time with it out west it was very very very loud "not even a nice loud"
and the power loss was very noticable,---- as soon as I put stock on I could tell the diff right away..

I have on for sale for a 08 m8..

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
truthrider:do you have stock pipe on your rmk`s??

Firecatguy:Yea i know..boltet one rumblepack on a crossfire7 last winter and i felt first ride that it suffered power loss.

Last edited:
C
Aug 28, 2008
North Central MN
cats have a problem with cans. especially the laydown 700's. a rumble pack will work ****ty on one and great on another. my ppp worked on my crossfire 7, put it on my buddies crossfire 6 and it ran like crap. same can for both sleds. i bet i could put it on another crossfire 6 and it would run fine.

i know one guy that has it on his M7 and loves it. another buddy of mine has it on a zr 600. loved it.

i know that they are obnoxious loud.

S.Diddy

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Park City, UT
I have one on my 08 RMK 600 and it seems fine. I don't think it really made much if any noticeable power, it certainly didn't feel like it lost any. I think the best part was the major weight loss and great sound.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
The days of riding loud cans in populate areas are coming to an end. FS will be checking sleds in these areas for loud cans. I'm not judging anyone (as my HPS is probably too loud), but just warning you before you buy something that you might not be able to use in your area.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
My wife and boy both had them on their sleds. The can is MUCH lighter than stock. And loud? They are now both running twins with stingers and they are quiter now with that setup than with the stock pipe/rumble pack!!! They are crazy loud with no hp gain. What is the sense in that?

R
Jan 26, 2009
Spokane, WA
Yea unless you need some attention from anyone within a 3 mile radius don't put one on, put slp on, it isnt much louder and there is a noticeable throttle response gain. I Put an slp can on an 03 rmk 700 and was very happy, only mod to this day.

R
Mar 2, 2008
Kindred, ND
i had a rumble pack on my old 02 700 rmk... liked it it was a cheap can but i mean cheap as in price not how it was made. i have friends with mbrp and the rumble pack was quieter but not by much. as for power couldnt tell a thing for less or for more. But you usually cant tell any gains/losses with a can alone.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I have a rumble pack on my 02 800. Good lightweight can. I noticed a little more throttle response on the bottom end, but no appreciable gain on the top end. In the beginning/middle of the season when the snow will 'cover' the outlet and muffle the sound a bit it sounds really good, and in less soft snow also, but with that being said, spring concrete is brutal with these cans, to the point of being obnoxious.

Here's a good comparison vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGlPHP9WTB8

Premium Features