• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rudes 2005 snowhawk build

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I think you'll find the o or x ring chain might be a better choice with longer lifespan..Think about your chain getting wet every ride, then rusting in the pins.. keep her well lubed... I cant see a cvt with no lateral movement breaking chains..

havent done anything with my build since last week! Carla almost died on Friday, so its been a ****y week around here! just brought her home yesterday from the hospatil, once she improves i might be able to get back in the shop working on it! as for now im busy being her man slave, nurseing her back to her old self!

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
hey Man slave

hows everything on the homefront? hope all is well and you can get this build buttoned up and give us a ride report. alot of lurking going on with this project! dont leave us hangin!

Its done!!!!

well boys and gals, i got it all put togather. and its loaded on a trailer to head to Travis616 house to so he can help me dial everything in. i had a hard time geting it to start. had to put fuel in to the spark plug holes to get it to fire up and then it wanted to rev out of control. i did somthing wrong when i hooked up the carbs! im sure Travis will fix it. ( because i dont have a clue )

take a look at my new foot pegs. they are extra comfy to stand on now. and yes, i like pink.

008-3.jpg

009-3.jpg

020.jpg

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Please tell me you didn't spend all that time on your hawk to put PINK straps on it!

Tough guys wear Pink !

What bothers me with the pink straps is that it doesn't match the red spring though so you need to borrow some of your daughter's paint and paint it Pink too !!! Then it would look killer !

well it was a long day but we got it all sorted out (well Travis did)
looks like when i put it back together, i over tightend the choke and throtal cable! after they were losend it fireed right up. gen 2 800ho pipe is very nice! not at all loud.

first things first! this thing rocks. almost too fast. i could barley ride it at first. but then agian it was my first ride of the season too! had a hard time following Travis through the ditchs from hell. he is one hell of a rider.
need to still work on the suspension. the 350 springs in the skid are still not enoufgh. would bottom a little too much. looks like im gonna have to go to 400lbs to 600lbs progessive when i can come up with some extra cash!
now i just need to get out and ride this thing. hope we get some more snow around here. hows the snow where your at Eric?

so after my first day out, i thought i would take off my clutchs and do some twiking! looks like i never got full shift in my primary. i know the the tra3s never get to full shift but this looks a little off. i think i am gonna need to lower the start and finish on my secondary. i thought it was very fast the way it was. cant wait to see how fast she really goes! also tightend my chain. and need to wrap my pipe agian. came lose when i was riding. plugs look good running 520 mains!!! man this thing can pull. also need to move my top shock/iddelrwheels shaft to try and stiffin up the suspension.

here is my clutch
clutchs004.jpg

here is the helix options in my tss-04
clutchs010.jpg

clutchs005.jpg

wondering if i should change this or not? its on the 54-42-31 seting now i could change it too 56-44-31

T
Feb 26, 2008
Secondary clutch

You may as well try it in the other setting, the larger the number, the faster the upshift. It will pull even harder in that setting if it doesn't pull the engine rpm's down too much (shouldn't be a problem!!). Were you actually winding it out in the field that night? It might take a good stretch of wide open throttle to get full shift. Just be glad we didn't get to the bad ditches....

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
top rpm

what kind of rpm you getting. looks like your getting the clutch hot for flat land riding. that 800 should pull 7850 top rpm. if you pin it out of the hole it should get there right now and hold it, if it drops rpm your upshifting too fast. If your not getting the top rpm take out some pin weight. I think that helix you have should work well. JMO

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
i was think the same thing as JL. clutch looks like it got real hot. reminds me of an aluminum bicycle rim with rim brakes and the aluminum starts to melt away on the brake pads. does your belt have any aluminum particles on it? or did the clutch look that way bfore you ran it?

Premium Features