• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RPMs won't go over 7400!!

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
So last weekend towards the end of the day, my sled seemed to be bogfy around 7800 and wouldn't go above that. Then today from the second I pulled my sled off the deck it was falling on its face. If I pinned the throttle it would cut out for a second then take off but wouldn't go past about 7400-7500. My afr gauge ia showing around 19 at WOT. I triee to adjust my dobeck to richen it up. No luck. Bottom end seems strong but would never excel over roughly 7400 rpm. Several times it would cut out so badly that I would go over the handle bars. Pulled the plugs and they looked fairly lean. Grayish tan and dry. Then a couple times from a stop if I gave it full throttle then stopped it would load up and die...The problem never really got worse or better. It seems to act like it's starving for fuel when its demaded for a lot of fuel. I also noticed that the recoil rope had rubbed a plug wire to the point of exposure. The only thing that changed between last ride was that I changed the weights on the primary clutch. Went from 79 to 76.5 grams. Theoretically rpms should've went up not down.

-Full throttle chops resulted in a cut out.
-Sled never goes above 7500.
-AFRs at WOT are around 19.

All seem like symptoms of running lean. Any thoughts??? My gut says it's one of the following:
-Fuel Pump
-TPS
-Plug wires

Any ideas!?!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
Oh sled specs:
2012 M800 153
Silber Turbo
Dobeck box
Running about 10 lbs

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
So the end result: LOTS of water in the gas...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Okay so.....I thought this issue was resolved. My power valves did have a lot of water in them BUT this issues still persists!! I replaced my knock sensor because it went bad. I thought maybe this was the issue but I went up to test today and the sled still falls flat on it's face on climbs. Won't tach over about 7100 rpms and running very lean. Testing fuel pressure today, but how can I check the smart valves? Easy to tell if they're stuck or not??

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
I also forgot to mention that if I have it up on a stand down here in town, it runs great and over revs at about 8800 rpms. When I'm having the issue is when it is under load at higher elevations (8k-12k).

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Have you checked all connections ?

I had a T pro two years ago that had symptoms like yours.. i chased the entire fuel system bought new pump, filter, injectors... finally pulled the kit and found my mag side hose between IC and TB was lose.

Tightend and reinstalled .. ran great for 500 miles

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
I'm starting to wonder if maybe the 3 bar Bosch MAP sensor that came with the kit has gone bad. It would make sense if the sled tends to run like **** at higher elevations.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
If your A/F sensor is plugged it will go way lean. I guess that would depend if it is wired through the control box or used merely as a reference gauge. I don't know how sophisticated your set up is.

Last edited:
K

kcdavidak

Dec 4, 2007
ketchikan,ak
I'd ohm out the stater cold and heat with a hair dryer and ohm again .
Lack of electrical power to fuel pump . Good luck

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I'd do a boost leak check on your system.. check your clutching, springs, rollers, and make sure your secondary is shifting ok.. No broken helixes or rollers.

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
I noticed that the secondary helix is really worn down towards the bottom where the rollers rest. It's worn very roughly. Not sure if this would cause the rpms to not climb over 7k?

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
If the alu is rough on the helix you have issues. You need to take the clutch apart and see whats causing it.

Premium Features