• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RK TEK Drop in Kit with SLP pipe - Boondocker Fuel #s?

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
I'm riding a 2014 Pro RMK with the RK TEK Drop in Kit. Have about 500 miles on the kit. Once I got the clutching and fueling dialed in you could really tell the difference with the Kit over stock. Last ride out had a little mishap and hit a tree and crunched the stock pipe. The only pipe available was an SLP pipe so I bought it. The Fuel Controller that I'm using is the Boondocker box.

So I have the RK TEK drop in kit with an SLP pipe and Skinz Super Q can. SLP only has Fuel #s for the power commander. Does anyone have Fuel #s with this kit and SLP pipe for 8000-10000 feet for the Boonkocker Box?

Thanks

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Being able to tune in the field (only way) with a Boony box is it's bonus.

One of the nice features is adding a capture button. Ride in the rpm area you feel is questionable, release the button and stop and read the exact rpm., throttle position to make any changes.
It also shows how much fuel is added or subtracted already so you can make a very informed decision on what to change exactly where.

If you don't know which way to go (leaner or richer) you can change this button to TUNE function. With it in this mode, while you hold the button depressed it adds or subtracts fuel according to how you set it up in the NOS menu.
IE., you can set it up to add 10% while depressed or subtract 5% while depressed Or any number you feel you want to work with. Kinda like punching in the #'s but instant. Really handy at WOT on a hill while watching the MPH.

When I start with something new I set up the map to be very rich (10% at least). If using the button, I set it up to subtract 4% fuel and ride around and start tuning from low rpm up to high rpm.
Hold the rpm steady, push the button to subtract fuel and listen and feel the motor. If better make the 4% change in the box and move up to the next rpm level. Resist the thought of trying to perfect one area. Only do one fuel change at a time per rpm range.
Eventually you will get to WOT. That's where I do a plug check and if still rich I start at the bottom again and do it all over. If close I leave it 'cause a rich 2 stroke is better than a lean 2 stroke in my book.
Then I do an "aggressive with the throttle" run and recheck to see if the plug stayed safe. 9 times out of 10 it'll be good but if it shows leaner you need to think about the accelerator function. I smile when this happens because it means you've added power and are loading your motor beyond stock.

Fine tuning, meaning actual plug chops, is much easier with the button too. In CAPTURE mode find the exact spot you wish to check. Watch the stats screen to get to this spot and hit the kill button. No guessing on throttle position or rpm you did the chop at.
Use the TUNE mode on the button (add or subtract fuel) to chop and check before you change the map for good. The benefit of button use over just punching in the map change is you get to feel and hear the change a few time with just a touch of the button. Easier than trying to remember how it was after stopping and making some changes then heading out again.

Another handy feature if you change altitude a lot and have your sled set-up (compression, clutching) for the higher part is having a richer map in place for the trip up and down. Helps keep the sled cooler and longer life for modded ones. I even add to the accelerator pump on this map to blip blip some extra fuel in like the good ol' carb days.

IMO very rarely will you get correct #'s for your sled on the internet.

Last edited:

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
PC and Boondocker the Same?

According to SLP the two fuel boxes are completely different.

I am looking for someone that has the same kit that I have (RK TEK rev. 2) with the SLP pipe and a boondocker box that rides at the same elevation and has some #s to share.

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
@ GEO

Thanks for the info. Makes sense what you're saying. I didn't even know I could do that with the Boondocker box. I will give it a try.

Thanks again!!

Premium Features