• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riot gas can

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Anyone get one yet? I’m curious how much room there is in front of it to mount a toolbox.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Heard from my dealer it will be December. I’ve got some mountain addiction rails I was thinking about mounting so I could use my mountain addiction gas can. Noticed at the dealership the Aro3 holes for the gas can are much further forward. Got me thinking that there might not be clearance on the Riot between the fender/exhaust and tunnel when the suspension when it is working.

P
Jan 3, 2018
NH
In front (to exhaust) or behind (to rear of tunnel)?

I have one ordered, can’t believe they’re charging an extra $100+ for the mounting kit+heat shroud

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
OK, I went out and looked at my bike again. There is definitely no way the fender/muffler can hit the tunnel with a solid strut. I have no idea why they put the mounting holes for the gas can so far back on the tunnel.
355312EB-D3A1-4B40-BABE-1CB79A6D1B3E.jpeg

Last edited:

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
OK, I went out and looked at my bike again. There is definitely no way the fender/muffler can hit the tunnel with a solid strut. I have no idea why they put the mounting holes for the gas can so far back on the tunnel.
View attachment 334623

I was asking about other people's ideas on extra gas storage on the Timbersled Facebook page and Allen chimed in and mentioned the Riot prefers the weight to be further back over further forward. The way I understand it is, the front shock on the Riot carries the weight of the rider and bike. Wouldn't the extra weight of gas want to be there too? Maybe it helps with weight transfer back?

Sounds like they were worried about heat from the exhaust, not sure if that's why on the Riot or maybe just they tested locations and that one made the most sense or they are really wanting people to buy the Riot storage bag. Maybe the extra weight over the rear helps it stay settled in whoops and such. The little bit I did get to ride the Riot last season it seemed like it wanted to swap a tad in whoops. I'm sure it was part me just not having enough time on it and knowing where to position my body.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Interesting. I ended up here.5E4DE4AC-BC9E-4199-8F91-7422FEF0E236.jpeg
I was asking about other people's ideas on extra gas storage on the Timbersled Facebook page and Allen chimed in and mentioned the Riot prefers the weight to be further back over further forward. The way I understand it is, the front shock on the Riot carries the weight of the rider and bike. Wouldn't the extra weight of gas want to be there too? Maybe it helps with weight transfer back?

Sounds like they were worried about heat from the exhaust, not sure if that's why on the Riot or maybe just they tested locations and that one made the most sense or they are really wanting people to buy the Riot storage bag. Maybe the extra weight over the rear helps it stay settled in whoops and such. The little bit I did get to ride the Riot last season it seemed like it wanted to swap a tad in whoops. I'm sure it was part me just not having enough time on it and knowing where to position my body.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
interesting i was under the impression that getting the weight forward as much as possible is the best
or at least it was ?
i was bummed the snopax can won't work like it did on Aro
way forward
time will tell when the snow flies

P
Jan 3, 2018
NH
I’m bummed about this as well. Have a Snopax from last year. I saw a post on the Snowbike Group on Facebook of someone who made a bracket to mount the Snopax. Maybe he would make more?

Worth asking! I imagine you're fine with the snowpax as long as you have a fixed strut, TSS might hit fender?

I guess I'll stick with my order for the RIOT can and see how it goes.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
My riot gas can. This can and pan have been with me for 3 years on two different TS setup. Mounts great on the Riot, lower center of gravity than the old TS or ARO. The spout is basically up against my air box and had to be raised a little in front to clear my heat exchanger pipes. The goal with this can several years ago was get the gas can forward for a better handling snow bike...........still a good idea.

can and pan.jpg can monted rt side.jpg can mounted left side.jpg

H
Dec 7, 2016
My riot gas can. This can and pan have been with me for 3 years on two different TS setup. Mounts great on the Riot, lower center of gravity than the old TS or ARO. The spout is basically up against my air box and had to be raised a little in front to clear my heat exchanger pipes. The goal with this can several years ago was get the gas can forward for a better handling snow bike...........still a good idea.

What size TuffJug is that?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
A49EB8EA-059D-4441-BAA8-E6E2107E3C9F.jpegI mount my pelican case using zip ties. Drill eight holes. Two in each corner and run heavy duty zip ties. Have been running it that way for a couple seasons. I have broken a few zip ties but just keep an eye on it and replace when necessary. That way there’s not bolts sticking down thru the tunnel for the track to hit.

Last edited:

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID

not to hijack the thread but can you post more pics and details on how you did your heat exhanger?

Anyone able to get one of the new Timbersled ARO/RIOT gas cans? Timbersleds website claims “available at dealer only”. I called 13 dealers in WA state looking for one and know one has them yet. Any info on a dealer that has some would be greatly appreciated. Thanks E125E0D2-576D-49DB-904F-2F7790810D3C.jpeg

P
Jan 3, 2018
NH
Anyone able to get one of the new Timbersled ARO/RIOT gas cans? Timbersleds website claims “available at dealer only”. I called 13 dealers in WA state looking for one and know one has them yet. Any info on a dealer that has some would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ordered mine early October, not-a-word from my dealer yet.

Premium Features