• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mtn top xfr 126

Z

z987k

Jan 17, 2023
ANC
Anyone ridden one of these yet? What is your take on it vs say the riot 3 pro?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Local dealer has 4 of them.
I haven’t coughed up that much cash though.

J

JimBridger

Mar 11, 2013
SE Idaho
The 126 3.25" looks fully ported and the xfr kits have shown to have little rolling resistance. I'd expect them to be a blast in most snow conditions. The 126" should be super playful in the trees and should allow better traction for low speed line picking and then snappy power out of the hole to grab said lines. I'd love to ride one and I totally believe it would suit my style, but I'd hate to waste someone's time demo-ing a kit that's way out of my budget.

I honestly believe the mnt top to be the best performing kit on the market. I just hope enough people have the income to justify the premium price and keep them in business so I can buy a cheap used one in a few years.

N
Nov 26, 2007
Chinook Pass, Wa
I rode last years MT kit and it was awesome, very impressive comparted to my Aro 3. The traction was and track speed was excellent and the suspension was awesome. I pulled the trigger on this years kit with the 3.25" track, but unfortunately Old Man Winter is taking his sweet time getting winter fired up around the NW...Once we get some snow, I'll be able to give you guys an update but I suspect that with the new track and the new suspension calibration it's going to fantastic.

J

JimBridger

Mar 11, 2013
SE Idaho
Finally have some snow that's sticking here in se Idaho, but there's not much of it yet. El-ninõ needs to do its thing like it did in 1997 here....

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
If you are starting from scratch building a bike the MT is same price point as a Timbersled. The MT kit is complete at their sell price. No buying strut shock, no buying fit kit, no sending in front forks for spring and valving. When you add up all the add ons to make the Timbersled a premium kit they are close to same price.

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
I have no experience with the kit yet, will have as soon as enough snow. But guys I know run the kit last year said they had to return the front forks to stock as they were way too stiff when they added the MT kit.

Z

z987k

Jan 17, 2023
ANC
I have no experience with the kit yet, will have as soon as enough snow. But guys I know run the kit last year said they had to return the front forks to stock as they were way too stiff when they added the MT kit.
MT sure isn't advertising or claiming that.

I've bottomed my stock front shocks on a trail with my aro. Let alone a small hop off a ledge.

E
Dec 19, 2007
The aro is totally different than a riot or mt. The aro has a stiffer rear spring. The mt and riot have the bulk of the spring force more towards the center of the mass of the bike. This carries more of the mass of the bike and takes weight off the forks. The stiff rear spring on the aro, yeti and mountain horse forces more of the mass of the bike onto the forks so you have to stiffen them up a lot.

N
Nov 26, 2007
Chinook Pass, Wa
That's going to be real tough to convince anyone to try. I've had stock forks on my riot for years but no one will ever believe it can work.
I'm 6'3" and 240 before gear. The MT I rode last year did indeed have stock forks and it rode excellent. I took it down some whooped out trail and jumped it a few times with no bottoming. My ARO 3 on the other hand would beat me to death on whooped roads. I'm going stock forks on my current build with my MT kit.

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
MT sure isn't advertising or claiming that.

I've bottomed my stock front shocks on a trail with my aro. Let alone a small hop off a ledge.
Not sure where it is advertised, but it is, can’t remember. Might be last year during the release or from the dealer. But that’s how they are being set up.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I have both … even the 2.6 track was better than my aro 3 … this year upgraded to the 3 inch track on the mnt top … the sky’s the limit now;) … not to mention the support 2nd to none man never dealt with such a great powersports company .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features