• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding in poky/ preston/ bear lake

F
Mar 22, 2010
pocatello
coming home for christmas and was wondering if anyone has been riding around pocatello or preston/ bear lake area. i know the riding has begun in island park, wondering if it good anywhere else down there.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Not sure about down there but Rexburg is barely if at all ride able yet.
Went t Ashton Saturday and had barely enough snow to mostly stay out of the gravel.
Hopefully these latest rounds of storms will change things

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
A buddy of mine rode around Preston on Saturday. They put on 15 miles of trail riding. He said you defiantly don't want to get off the trail yet. It is starting to look up though, 10+" yesterday.

C
Rode up eightmile out of soda springs last wensday up at the top meadow
below sherman there was three feet on the stick and sherman had more than that and the last two days it has been snowing here non stop got about a foot over here so snows probably good now possibly find out tomorrow

T

tgoodwin

Dec 6, 2007
Blackfoot
Kevin at MMSports in Preston said they rode out of Birch/Mink creek and it was deep. No base though. I've had reports from Logan that guys are hitting stumps and rocks so I'd be leery of getting too crazy just yet. It's a good start though. I.P. is fun right now.

T

TravRMK

Feb 1, 2004
Pocatello, ID
Damn, Kirt and I are heading to Island Park in the morning. What you riding these days? Let me know how the snow is down there. Might be heading there on Monday or Tuesday.

F
Mar 22, 2010
pocatello
thats good to hear they are getting something up there. thanks for the update. I never did make it up there, we ended up going to red butte christmas eve, we keep to the trail until the top and it was nice up there.

Premium Features