• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding gear for this year..... Recommendations

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
nice work! you'll be much more comfortable out there with the right gear!

on the socks. i would warn you not to go TOO heavyweight with the socks either. First time I wore my HMKS I thought they were leaking, nope, it was jsut my FEET sweating cause I was wearingmy heavy dudty socks! i ahve since stepped back to MUCH thinner socks and my feet thank me for it!!

Have a great season staying dry!! ;)

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Socks.

I am kind of a gear junkie, particularly when it comes to my hands and feet. I think you could take your pick out of this gaggle (is that the proper term for a grouping of socks?) and come up with something decent. If you go full wool make sure and get a liner sock so you don't get all itchy. I have had good luck with wool combos.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/c...cabelas/en/common/search/search-box.jsp.form1

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I am kind of a gear junkie, particularly when it comes to my hands and feet. I think you could take your pick out of this gaggle (is that the proper term for a grouping of socks?) and come up with something decent. If you go full wool make sure and get a liner sock so you don't get all itchy. I have had good luck with wool combos.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/c...cabelas/en/common/search/search-box.jsp.form1

I would try wearing them without a liner first. Wool has come along way and personally I don't itch from it. However when i wear a liner due to the moisture wicking for whatever reason my feet get itchy and tend to get athletes foot. Also my feet are colder for some reason. That and the damn liner sock always falls down and bunches up.

I say try wearing just wool around town and see how it feels.

Y
nice work! you'll be much more comfortable out there with the right gear!

on the socks. i would warn you not to go TOO heavyweight with the socks either. First time I wore my HMKS I thought they were leaking, nope, it was jsut my FEET sweating cause I was wearingmy heavy dudty socks! i ahve since stepped back to MUCH thinner socks and my feet thank me for it!!

Have a great season staying dry!! ;)

Thanks man! :present:

I just scored a pair of Klim Revolt pants for like $80 brand new! Last years model (big deal). Now i'll be ready to rock, and a whole lot more comfortable!

I'm gunna check cabela's this weekend for some wool socks, pick up like 2 pairs to start with and see if they're comfortable. That way if they're a little itchy, I didnt blow a bunch of money on a whole lot of em. :D

So, who wants to ride Featherville, ID as soon as the white comes down!?

:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
you cant go wrong with under armor.
make sure you get the cold weather gear since they have cold weather and warm weather gear.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Motorfist

Motorfist will be releasing their new line of clothing VERY SOON. This is some sweet stuff and the price is very competitive. The warranty on this stuff is unheard of in the clothing industry.

Check out their website in my sig.

K
Nov 29, 2007
Colorado
Check out that link from Lucias. Those Fly Racing gloves look promising. http://www.flyracing.com/products/race-wear/gloves/switch-snow-x

I really like the True North powderstorm gloves and he Klim Inversion gloves...

I'm waiting for someone to come up with a tight fittig glove like the Inversion glove with no insulation on the palms (i have good grip heaters) but with GOOD insulation on the back of the glove.... Control AND protection from the elements.

Managing the vents and wearing good wicking layers is important.

Y
Check out that link from Lucias. Those Fly Racing gloves look promising. http://www.flyracing.com/products/race-wear/gloves/switch-snow-x

Those Fly gloves definitely look pretty good, I might have to pick up a pair later as a backup pair in case my other ones get wet.

I'm gunna try to make it up to Cabela's this weekend in Boise to find some under armor winter shirts, and some wool socks.

Cotton is gone this year!! That **** was miserable last year. :eek:

Premium Features