• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rexnord Aurora or Borg Warner??

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
I know the difference in the three. My comment was directed at the rexnord name in general.
Some guys are having issues with the rexnord silent chain, and the Aurora, some are not at all.
You asked for advice on what you should install That’s up to you, I chose Hyvo based on it has worked in the past and has easily taken 200+ hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Standard chains took 200hp+ back in the day also now they explode.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
There is very in little science involved in this .It appears that the issue is with the 23 only.It also looks like some of thickness of your wallet is being reduced,that is change you can believe in

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Last Thursday at 3pm to be exact… Seen two doos heli out of the back country due to destroyed chaincases. Rare? Sure but it happens.

Point was buddy is not going to get a straight answer from anybody that actually knows any factual information of which one is “better”

G4 or G5 turbo with HYVO? Just curious, I feel there is a common Denominator here on the G5.

If a explanation is needed, Here is my ramblings from a internet nobody.
Unfortunately from what I’m seeing of the design, the top sprocket is machined down to accommodate the narrower chain, look at the pic the OP showed. I have seen that machined sprocket when I popped the cap on a shredder chaincase.
I personally cannot see how a 11W chain will be stronger than a 13W Hyvo setup. IMO Stronger than the 23 Rexnord silent chain yes.

The true 100% fact is, the one piece driveshaft and HYVO have been around for decades.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Muskoka Freerider group had a chain break while jumping. The guy almost got crushed!! Come on Doo, someone is going to get killed!

F
Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
Muskoka Freerider group had a chain break while jumping. The guy almost got crushed!! Come on Doo, someone is going to get killed!
They don’t give two squirts of cold piss if one of us get hurt they have our money in the bank . Funny in 08 my summit got a recall for the track drive shaft for the reason they were scared it would brake and lock up the track . Now I paid 2/3 more for my 23 and repairs are on me ?

D
You say its lighter, How much is that weight value and what is it lighter than? The sSilent chain or Aurora?
The rexnord silent chain and sprocket set is only 4oz lighter than hyvo. I weighed them myself when I did the swap.

If I were you I would put an MVM belt drive on it and never have to worry about it again

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
We have nothing but problems with the mvm belt drives. I do not suggest them on a skidoo if you are any kind of an aggressive rider.

I love how we have evolved into two groups aggressive riders and just riders. I think a more accurate description would be guys who know how to look after there sleds and guys who don’t do anything but mash the flipper to the bars and go to the bar after. While the non aggressive rider looks after his sled. But I suppose that wouldn’t boost the ego of the “aggressive” rider…

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
They were weren't jumping, the guy barely left the ground in 2-3 feet of powder. Anyway, that pic of the aurora vs hypo looks interesting. Even though the hypo has 2 more links, the links in the aurora look much beefier. IDK, if it was me buying a chain, Id go with what has worked and not failed the last two years, the Hyvo.

D
I love how we have evolved into two groups aggressive riders and just riders. I think a more accurate description would be guys who know how to look after there sleds and guys who don’t do anything but mash the flipper to the bars and go to the bar after. While the non aggressive rider looks after his sled. But I suppose that wouldn’t boost the ego of the “aggressive” rider…

Very well said!?

D
We have nothing but problems with the mvm belt drives. I do not suggest them on a skidoo if you are any kind of an aggressive rider.
Then you must not be installing it correctly or having the correct tension. I’m 250 pounds with all my gear and ride super aggressive and have never had one issue with my MVM belt on a 2022 Skidoo Freeride 154” Turbski! 1100 miles on the same belt.

Premium Features