• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revit Discovery boots and Alpinestars Andes V2 pants-review

B
I had a pair of Alpinestarts Tech 7's that after having sat for many years, all the plastics on the boot crumbled and cracked and the boots fall apart. Granted, I had them since about 1996 so they were at least 20 years old, but I needed new dirt boots and looked and looked and looked and had come across a review of the Revit Discovery boots and thought that they looked good and were waterproof-I'm a huge fan of OutDry in boots and gloves as I know it works, and the BOA lacing system is fantastic.

Waterproof-yes.

Warm-yes. Even with thin socks, I have no problem ever with cold feet. I'm one that could ride barefoot in boots and as long as they stay dry, I'm good.

Protective-yes. These boots are my primary for woods riding and in all the good, bad and ugly riding we do in the forests, crashes and all, my feet, toes and shins have not gotten a nick.

BOA system-super for fit and the boot is easy on, easy off. Coupled with the Alpinestars Andes V2 pants I got for dirt riding, I love that they are waterproof and have built in knee and hip pads and have a removeable liner that is perfect for winter pants and best of all, they will not melt on the motor/bike.

I'm going to pick up a new pair of OutDry insulated gloves for the cold days, not sure which ones just yet.

P1130339.jpg P1130332.jpg P1130343.jpg

B
I like that the BOA is behind the hard shin panel that velcro's it shut. BOA is a nice system and I've seen it on other boots that exposes the BOA but I'm sure that it isn't a problem, just that I think it would be a path for water/snow entry.

I do like that the boots are not all gaudy and gussied up like MX boots. I can appreciate the function but like a clean look and most importantly, a good feel as the boots are very well designed.

Hard to believe but the boots are both warm in the winter and not all too hot in the summer. It is nice when stuff just works and works well.

M

MountainRider05

Nov 29, 2007
Kennewick,WA
Wish they were priced a little better but u pay for what u get! Thanks for the review and keep us posted on how they are through out the season!

B
They are expensive, I agree, but not like top of the line MX boots that go $6-800.

I got lucky and came across Revzilla that had them at 15% off for a few days this past summer so they were closer or just under $400. I do expect that they might be the last mx/dirt/snowbike boots that I'll ever buy though as they are very well built and I've been thrashing them in the dirt all this past summer and fall, and now into the winter. The feel of them on the bike is awesome and the soles are great, just what a woods rider and snowbiker needs.

Premium Features