• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revelstoke b.c. Where to stay

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
we are heading to Revelstoke and I would like to know if we should book a room at the glacier house or if we are farther ahead to stay at a hotel and trailer? We have never been to b.c. before so really have no idea. Any input appreciated, thanks!

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
Nice to be able to ride right from the hotel at Glacier House. You can ride right from Peaks Lodge as well, it's not as nice but the price reflects that. If security is a concern Peaks has a locking compound and GH is much safer than the places in town.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Thanks we will check into that place as well. Is theft a big issue in the area?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Have been to GLACIER HOUSE multiple times.
LOVE IT.
Going there again in February as part of the SnoWest Forum Ride.

The Cabins are a blast and the main lodge will take GOOD CARE of you.

T
Jan 27, 2014
Depends if you want to drive to town for food/beer/fuel/fun.

Or stay in town and drive to the hill.

Ps. More places to ride than just bolder! And streeter street was closed today due to Ave conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
We hope to try a couple different areas while we are there, night life isn't too important to us. We are leaving Wednesday morning for the 26 hour drive!

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I would check out Base Camp Guest House ! I had a opportunity to ride with Lorne and he seems super nice and he would be an excellent guide. They have all size suites and cabins. Looks like a great place and I know him and his wife would take great care of their guests ! I believe you can ride Boulder and Frisby from their front door. Here is a link to their operation:

https://basecampguesthouse.ca

Last edited:

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
We stayed here last year. Nice folks. Sledding from the door is a stretch. We were there early season though and they did say you could pick your way up to the trail but it didn’t look easy or convenient.
Nice place though.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I’m into comfort so I always stay at the Best Western,I cashed in my points from there a couple of weeks ago for $550.00 worth of gas cards!
I love collecting points!lol

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Peaks is going downhill..... I'd look at staying at Lorne's place or one of the others mentioned here. Theft is an issue.

I've stayed at the Revelstoke Gateway Inn a couple times. It's a no frills kind of place. If all you need is a place to rest your head, it'll do the trick. BRING A POWER BAR to charge your stuff as there aren't many plugs in the rooms.

Best food in town is at Big Eddy. Village Idiot and Zalas are close 2nd/3rd. You have to look high and low to find a bad restaurant though!

I love riding from the door, but there are a ton of areas you can trailer to. Don't limit yourself!

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
On the topic of riding areas, are there any to make a point of getting to?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Order the nachos @ Big Eddy with their beef brisket. If you can say they're better at the Idiot, I'll show you a liar!
Okay.
I will make it a point to hit BOTH PLACES while we are there in February and COMPARE the two.

Village Idiot has what I consider to be THE BEST NACHOS in Canada.

These were nothing short of FANTASTIC!!
11054501_839115189475211_207277829589223798_n.jpg

Premium Features