• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Remote Charging/Boosting Terminals

T
Nov 4, 2015
Has anyone installed remote charging/boosting terminals on their snowbike? I have a 2016 Husky 501 and was considering adding these so I did not have to remove the seat to access the battery and risk losing the bolts in the snow if I ever needed to boost it or charge the battery. Wondering where they were installed and what was used if anyone has done this?

M
Sep 15, 2020
C3 makes a good set. My brother and I have them. You can plug in a lithium Ion battery, or a “jumper” cable to jump one bike from another. Zip tied where they are out of the way, but can get to them without taking anything off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I just bought a pack of 5 on ebay that work great.. I outfit all my bikes with them being I still use lithium and live in a place that is cold half the year.. I plug a tender in when in the back of my truck so it lights up in the coldest weather.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I have a NOCO 1000A booster pack and their 1A battery tender. Off my battery I have a hardmounted set of leads that go to a SAE connector that I have setting in my airbox for easy access. I can either put the battery on a charge or jump start the bike. Works slick

T
Feb 1, 2010
Entiat, WA
I've got the C3 setup on my bike. Convenient, for sure. But, the jumper pack doesn't put out that strong of a boost, and they sent me the wrong AC charger for it.

If I were to do it again, I'd go for the NOCO setup and make my own connector. My wife bought a couple NOCO packs for our rigs, and they literally work better than jump starting.

R
Sep 15, 2010
I carry an Antigravity XP10 pack and have an Antigravity harness routed inside my air box. I’ve had the XP10 pack for 4yrs, it’s started a lot of vehicles and charged a lot of devices over the years. It’s been a great jump pack. I work on cars by day and bought it with the intention of jumping vehicles, so it’s overkill for the bike. One of their smaller packs would be plenty for a bike

D
Jan 3, 2021
Has anyone installed remote charging/boosting terminals on their snowbike? I have a 2016 Husky 501 and was considering adding these so I did not have to remove the seat to access the battery and risk losing the bolts in the snow if I ever needed to boost it or charge the battery. Wondering where they were installed and what was used if anyone has done this?

I have a little battery buddy on mine, a cord sticks out the side and it comes with an attaching cord to hook up to boost. This the one I have
5fa9cd6c6c138f3f938d0e60890d163f.jpg

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Keep in mind many of the trickle charger leads are very small conductors suitable for charging at 2-5 amps. They are not suitable to boost from. The C3 Powersports setup has heavier gauge wiring so you can use the boost pack or another bike to boost. If you do a DIY setup with your own pigtail make sure to use a heavier gauge wire, min 8 ga. (Still too small, only rated for about 50 amps, but will work in a pinch) Then you can trickle charge all you like but also boost if need be.
If you try and boost with a setup like the tender in the above post it will blow the fuse in the battery lead and will not work.
I have had no issues with the C3 boost batteries, small but they have worked well for our cold morning starts.

HenryTheHammer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2017
Salt Lake City, UT
Adding a vote for the Noco Boost XL and their boost battery connector. It comes with a tender adapter that fits all standard battery tenders. Works great on all my bikes and has even jumped the rig when we left the lights on.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Get a battery booster pack that also has a USB plug in so you can add a quality helmet light , works better than most secured lights since your light is where your eyes are looking , save the drain :)

IMG_20210106_080308466.jpg

D
Jan 3, 2021
Get a battery booster pack that also has a USB plug in so you can add a quality helmet light , works better than most secured lights since your light is where your eyes are looking , save the drain :)

What helmet light do you have? Been looking for a good quality one.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Here ya go

I spliced a USB to it and added 3M velcro t lock , easy on off and stays , worth the pennies . Cheap junk won't do it when you really need it .

I'm sure there's others , Cyclops has a plug and play I believe .

Premium Features