• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox zero Pro remote reservoir adjuster removal help.

Jan 30, 2022
Boise ID
I am disassembling for rebuild a rear track shock for a 1.5 zero pro remote reservoir. I would like to remove the adjuster assembly to replace the O-rings. I have removed the screw holding the valves on the outside of it and applied pressure to try compress to gain access to the snap ring but it is not moving inward. See attached "adjuster 1" image, this assembly needs to move inward to be able to provide clearance to remove the snap ring. Also does anyone have the IFP dimensions for the zero pro shocks installed in a 2003 edge RMK?

Adjuster 1.jpg Adjuster 2.jpg seal head.jpg

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
You need to release the pressure in the snap ring end of the shock, which could be 180 psi or so. Put that screw with a hole in the center, back in before the center sealer plug, shoots out and across your garage, where you will never find it. Then you get yourself a hollow injector needle that is used for the nitrogen. Insert that needle into that center hole in the screw, in order to release the pressure. Then you will be able to push the end piece in enough to get the snap ring out. Btw, getting all of the air out of the shock, can be quite complicated. Which is why the rebuild is best left to the experts. FOX does it for the cost of the parts but you won't see the shock before the end of the season. A motorcycle or snowmobile repair shop can rebuild them. Special rebuild kits are required.

Jan 30, 2022
Boise ID
The steps you mention have already been taken to get the adjuster out of the remote reservoir. I have the appropriate charging equipment along with body holders etc. I’ve rebuilt bunches of fox shocks but have yet had to disassemble the adjuster on remote reservoir on this style shock.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Then try either a C-clamp pushing on some washers with a center hole larger than the black rim around your injector hole. Or a large vise. Push in the end diaphragm and work out the snap ring with an awl.

Jan 30, 2022
Boise ID
Sorry I didn’t get back but this one you actually don’t need to compress for clearance for the snap ring. There is a small hole you can fit a pick through to get it started. This won’t compress after all, when installed the reservoir valving is all the way against the the end cap.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Since you should be replacing the shock oil as well, it looks like it is time to unhook the tube between the reservoir and the main shock assembly. This should allow the oil in the reservoir to drain out of the hose, so that the C clamp can compress the refilling end of the reservoir. Youtube has videos for getting the air out and refilling shocks. The O-ring in my reservoir end cap was a 38MM x 46 MM x 4 MM. The end cap seat for the O-ring was 1 1/2" in O.D.

Jan 30, 2022
Boise ID
Since you should be replacing the shock oil as well, it looks like it is time to unhook the tube between the reservoir and the main shock assembly. This should allow the oil in the reservoir to drain out of the hose, so that the C clamp can compress the refilling end of the reservoir. Youtube has videos for getting the air out and refilling shocks. The O-ring in my reservoir end cap was a 38MM x 46 MM x 4 MM. The end cap seat for the O-ring was 1 1/2" in O.D.
This is with the resevoir already disassembled and oil drained. The step you are talking about is already done to get to this point of getting the adjuster valving out.

Premium Features