• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Registration issue

L
Feb 3, 2008
I bought a sled a few years back only to find under the front skid plate that the bulkhead was all busted up. Then bought a different tunnel and bulkhead and swapped everything over without realizing that the vin tag is stamped into the tunnel. I never got a bill of sale for the good tunnel and bulkhead and have no registration for it. I need to sell the sled now but since the sled as it sits with this tunnel is not registered in my name, no one wants to buy it. I still have the original tunnel that is registered to me though. Any body know what my options are here? Also, I am fully aware that snowmobiles in Washington don't have titles, only registrations, but the DOL wont transfer ownership without a bill of sale and registration from previous owner.

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
1) Have your local DOL office do a VIN search on the good tunnel. If it was registered to someone in WA, contact them for a bill of sale.

2) You have an out of state relative where you could use their address? A bill of sale from you living out of State can work also. Ideally, a state from the south that doesn't register sleds.

Premium Features