• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Reeds

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Reed choices

Boysen or v force?

I think my 19 800 needs reeds

If I buy fancy reeds for my 22 800 can I put the low use stock 22s in the 19?

I see the boysens have different part numbers for the 18-20 vs the 21-23 but the v force has the same number throughout.

Guess I could cross the factree numbers

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Im not a fan of the short life span of Vforce. Never ran Boysen but hear lots of good reviews on Cats.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I think the difference between the 18-19 and 20 and newer is the throttle body boot itself. Early ones have an oil line in the boot and later don’t, or vice versa. Boyeson usually replaces that boot, hence the different part numbers.

J

jarred kale

Jul 21, 2022
USA
Reed choices

Boysen or v Tutuapp 9Apps force?

I think my 19 800 needs reeds

If I buy fancy reeds for my 22 800 can I put the low use stock 22s in the 19?

I see the boysens have different part numbers for the 18-20 vs the 21-23 but the v force has the same number throughout.

Guess I could cross the factree numbers
What did you go with after all ?

Anylizer

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2005
Top 'O the Great Basin... almost
I'm a little late to the conversation, but... Ran Boysens on my 12 & 15 Suz. noticeable, great improvement.
Per DynoTech, the Boysens made good power on the Suz. On the Ctec, the V-force showed better gains than the Boysen's.
Now whether that is "bought & paid for" results... IDK. I have installed V-force on my '22 Mtn. Cat. results (yet to be determined)

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
its a b!tch. I would dowse the motor with oil while they are out incase it takes a while for oil to pump in or you get an air bubble. I forgot to and my sled (zuke) did not smoke at all for first minute or so of run time :oops: also tip front of sled up and idle it to get air out of cooling system. that's weird on the grease on yours. Interesting boysen moves the oil lines, I think that would have turned me off. how's she run, any difference?

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Haven't had snow to try it, and my pickup broke. Gotta pretend to be a diesel mechanic for a bit
The oil line gets moved but it might be for the better. The reeds get a bit of straight lube on em might prolong life?
My 19 has the oil lines in the cage too.
I don't think I got any air in em, at least I was trying not to.
That grease, I don't know. The engine was replaced at 70 miles and our local dealer does alot of things that raise questions. Like leave spare bolts in the bellypan to go through the clutches
I think I forgot to fill the coolent back up, thanks for the reminder!

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I see bdx sells a different set of boyesen reeds for 20 and newer from the 18-19 reeds. I would assume the difference would be the oil line nipples

Premium Features