• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

recreational springs campground

N

nytro4

Mar 13, 2011
Southern mn
Just checking to see if anyone has stayed at this place, does it have easy access to snowmobile trails? any good or bad reports, looking at coming out the 2nd week of feb. Thanks

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
We stayed there once a few years back and all was good. It is right on the trail so yes it has access. When we were there the trail close to Rec springs was kind of beat up but was better by morning. We have come to prefer staying in deadwood and trailering out to Trailshead lodge in the morning, that we it isn't as big of a deal to go into town for nightlife.

starrsleds

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2008
real good place to stay. new owners a couple of years ago and they are nice. quick trip down to deadwood if you wanted. it can get very very rough on the trails in and out of there tho not a ton of cross country in that area. also a long ride to the western side of the system but not 2 bad. snow should be fine out there that weekend usually feb is prob about the most consistant month for riding out there.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I third the trails get rough in the afternoons. But I have stayed at the cabins up there and since the new owners(and fixed fuel pumps thank gawd!) It has been a great place to stay.

R

Raff_9001M

Nov 27, 2007
so are the changes good or no? And there is a lot of beetle kill unfortunately :/

I think there are some reroutes on some of the trails in the Cement Ridge area. Trail 2 where it first comes into trail 6 (few miles south of Trailshead) will have a small reroute to allow for urgent removal timber sales. The changes are pretty minimal, gets everyone to the same general areas and will show some different country. All in all not bad.

Premium Features