• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear Track Shock won’t always hold itself up

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
The nitrogen aids the the reservoir floating piston to return to normal pushing the oil back into the shock and pushing the rod back to full travel.

Hot oil is thinner it will move easier through oil passages, reducing dampening, and FYI viscosity is the resistance to flow.

Don’t believe me, Grab your stock front shocks and see how hot they are after pounding down a whooped out trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully agree with you about temp, viscosity and reduced damping at elevated temperature. Still won't reduce sag. Sag is 98% spring, 2% nitrogen pressure. Elevated temperature = higher nitrogen pressure to a point (expands less that air) so you should see the opposite.

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
My 23 expert shock would sack out when riding hard and getting extra weight of snow and ice buildup on sled.
Took all four shocks off and recharged the nitrogen to 300psi and problem solved.
I’ve had to do this on many of my own skidoo sleds over the years and also on many customers sleds.

Premium Features