• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear sag excessive

LudicrousSpeed

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2012
I have a 17 axys with the zbroz 36 front end and Exit's all around the beginning of this season the rear unloaded dropped like 3 inches. I brought the shocks in and everything looks good. Tried lubing everything no change. Finally put the stock rears back on (the fronts are made for the 36 they are a little shorter). still same problem. Cranked down the spring did nothing. Has anyone seen this problem before. I am totally out of ideas.

I attached a picture of the amount of squat I am seeing. I am really not sure what else to check.IMG_20200314_174922.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have a 17 axys with the zbroz 36 front end and Exit's all around the beginning of this season the rear unloaded dropped like 3 inches. I brought the shocks in and everything looks good. Tried lubing everything no change. Finally put the stock rears back on (the fronts are made for the 36 they are a little shorter). still same problem. Cranked down the spring did nothing. Has anyone seen this problem before. I am totally out of ideas.

I attached a picture of the amount of squat I am seeing. I am really not sure what else to check.View attachment 343055

slop in the rear suspension bushings.
(Oem shocks are really bad for this)

watch the pieces move as someone else lifts the rear. (Accumulated slop = sag)

JAW

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2009
Kettle Falls, Steamboat Springs, CO
Same issues here. 1500 miles on sled and his been ridden/jumped fairly hard and I’m a bigger guy. Actually blew my front track shock out a couple weeks ago. Decided to buy a set of raptors for the rear and still have quite a bit of sag even after setting pre load with in spec. Attached picture is after I blew out the shock. Was a chore getting it loaded on the deck with that attack angle

Attachments

• 9CE176FB-1A23-4CAD-AD5A-170CFBCB5A02.jpeg
    9CE176FB-1A23-4CAD-AD5A-170CFBCB5A02.jpeg
    864.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 38E44C29-0C9B-41E1-B96B-FC11859505DA.jpeg
    38E44C29-0C9B-41E1-B96B-FC11859505DA.jpeg
    839.8 KB · Views: 89

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Same issues here. 1500 miles on sled and his been ridden/jumped fairly hard and I’m a bigger guy. Actually blew my front track shock out a couple weeks ago. Decided to buy a set of raptors for the rear and still have quite a bit of sag even after setting pre load with in spec. Attached picture is after I blew out the shock. Was a chore getting it loaded on the deck with that attack angle

same answer as above.

oem polaris suspension is steel sleeves with steel or aluminum spacers inside.

wears out quickly after starting sloppy when new.

LudicrousSpeed

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2012
Thanks for more information. I need to pull my rails to get my Exits back in. I will try and get some replacement bushings and stuff and go through it some more.

I feel you JAW. My sled handles super odd now with the way the rear suspension is behaving. Really bums me out. Will post some updates after I go through it.

Thanks again.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
What length are the front shocks?

I’ve found with Zbroz 36” arms a 15 7/8” or 16” ctc shock gives stock ride height.

“recommended” is 17 1/4” ctc by zbroz.

if the front is high, the rear will sag.

a cheap and easy way to get back closer to stock ride height is using pro ride Rmk spindles.

much stronger than the 17’ axys spindles as a side benefit.

Sierra G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2017
I jacked up my '17 163 after reading this post (and also being concerned about the sag on my sled).
Wow- So much slop everywhere! Lots of movement at the top of the rear stock shock especially.
I'd be interested in changing bushings too if you end up finding replacements and could share info. Thanks

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I jacked up my '17 163 after reading this post (and also being concerned about the sag on my sled).
Wow- So much slop everywhere! Lots of movement at the top of the rear stock shock especially.
I'd be interested in changing bushings too if you end up finding replacements and could share info. Thanks

Unfortunately even brand new there is quite a bit of slop.

the small bits and pieces are pretty expensive through poo.

i have found the bolts backed off a tiny bit and Egging out the hole on a couple sleds.
make them german tight.

LudicrousSpeed

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2012
Well I took it all apart again there is a little play in one bar but it is small. I know the fronts on the zbroz are dual rates I am not sure about the rear.

LudicrousSpeed

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2012
thanks.

I meant to put 16 1/4 but obviously wasn’t making any sense.

either way the zbroz “recommendation” raises the front end.

I measured it.

Yeah mine are 16 1/4" the recommended from zbroz. My front is higher than my other stock axys now. Interesting so there recommendations when moving to the 36 moves the front up and makes the back squat? I am going to try taking my skis off tonight to drop the front and see if this reduces the squat and levels the sled out.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Yeah mine are 16 1/4" the recommended from zbroz. My front is higher than my other stock axys now. Interesting so there recommendations when moving to the 36 moves the front up and makes the back squat? I am going to try taking my skis off tonight to drop the front and see if this reduces the squat and levels the sled out.

Its the zbroz “increased clearance” a arms......

The way they are assembled makes it tall.

LudicrousSpeed

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2012
Yeah I actually took my skis off and put the shocks right on the rubber so I lost a couple inches in front height. The distribution looks much more factory. I think I am going to try a set of RMK spindles. Does this change anything else?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Yeah I actually took my skis off and put the shocks right on the rubber so I lost a couple inches in front height. The distribution looks much more factory. I think I am going to try a set of RMK spindles. Does this change anything else?

The only difference is height below the lower ball joint.

Same geometry.

Premium Features