• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Rear sag excessive

LudicrousSpeed

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
I have a 17 axys with the zbroz 36 front end and Exit's all around the beginning of this season the rear unloaded dropped like 3 inches. I brought the shocks in and everything looks good. Tried lubing everything no change. Finally put the stock rears back on (the fronts are made for the 36 they are a little shorter). still same problem. Cranked down the spring did nothing. Has anyone seen this problem before. I am totally out of ideas.

I attached a picture of the amount of squat I am seeing. I am really not sure what else to check. IMG_20200314_174922.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
I have a 17 axys with the zbroz 36 front end and Exit's all around the beginning of this season the rear unloaded dropped like 3 inches. I brought the shocks in and everything looks good. Tried lubing everything no change. Finally put the stock rears back on (the fronts are made for the 36 they are a little shorter). still same problem. Cranked down the spring did nothing. Has anyone seen this problem before. I am totally out of ideas.

I attached a picture of the amount of squat I am seeing. I am really not sure what else to check. View attachment 343055
slop in the rear suspension bushings.
(Oem shocks are really bad for this)

watch the pieces move as someone else lifts the rear. (Accumulated slop = sag)

JAW

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2009
Kettle Falls, Steamboat Springs, CO
Same issues here. 1500 miles on sled and his been ridden/jumped fairly hard and I’m a bigger guy. Actually blew my front track shock out a couple weeks ago. Decided to buy a set of raptors for the rear and still have quite a bit of sag even after setting pre load with in spec. Attached picture is after I blew out the shock. Was a chore getting it loaded on the deck with that attack angle

Attachments

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
Same issues here. 1500 miles on sled and his been ridden/jumped fairly hard and I’m a bigger guy. Actually blew my front track shock out a couple weeks ago. Decided to buy a set of raptors for the rear and still have quite a bit of sag even after setting pre load with in spec. Attached picture is after I blew out the shock. Was a chore getting it loaded on the deck with that attack angle
same answer as above.

oem polaris suspension is steel sleeves with steel or aluminum spacers inside.

wears out quickly after starting sloppy when new.

LudicrousSpeed

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
Thanks for more information. I need to pull my rails to get my Exits back in. I will try and get some replacement bushings and stuff and go through it some more.

I feel you JAW. My sled handles super odd now with the way the rear suspension is behaving. Really bums me out. Will post some updates after I go through it.

Thanks again.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
What length are the front shocks?

I’ve found with Zbroz 36” arms a 15 7/8” or 16” ctc shock gives stock ride height.

“recommended” is 17 1/4” ctc by zbroz.

if the front is high, the rear will sag.

a cheap and easy way to get back closer to stock ride height is using pro ride Rmk spindles.

much stronger than the 17’ axys spindles as a side benefit.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
The Zbroz recommended ski shock length with the 36" kit is 16.375". (39" kit recommendation is 17.125" - 17.5")
thanks.

I meant to put 16 1/4 but obviously wasn’t making any sense.

either way the zbroz “recommendation” raises the front end.

I measured it.

Sierra G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2017
I jacked up my '17 163 after reading this post (and also being concerned about the sag on my sled).
Wow- So much slop everywhere! Lots of movement at the top of the rear stock shock especially.
I'd be interested in changing bushings too if you end up finding replacements and could share info. Thanks

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
I jacked up my '17 163 after reading this post (and also being concerned about the sag on my sled).
Wow- So much slop everywhere! Lots of movement at the top of the rear stock shock especially.
I'd be interested in changing bushings too if you end up finding replacements and could share info. Thanks
Unfortunately even brand new there is quite a bit of slop.

the small bits and pieces are pretty expensive through poo.

i have found the bolts backed off a tiny bit and Egging out the hole on a couple sleds.
make them german tight.

LudicrousSpeed

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
Well I took it all apart again there is a little play in one bar but it is small. I know the fronts on the zbroz are dual rates I am not sure about the rear.

LudicrousSpeed

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
thanks.

I meant to put 16 1/4 but obviously wasn’t making any sense.

either way the zbroz “recommendation” raises the front end.

I measured it.
Yeah mine are 16 1/4" the recommended from zbroz. My front is higher than my other stock axys now. Interesting so there recommendations when moving to the 36 moves the front up and makes the back squat? I am going to try taking my skis off tonight to drop the front and see if this reduces the squat and levels the sled out.

Nov 3, 2019
Those cheap azz aluminum suspension bushings. Cheap as they cost pennies to make but Polaris sells em like $20 EACH!!!!!. I will be making better ones soon out of proper bushing material

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
Yeah mine are 16 1/4" the recommended from zbroz. My front is higher than my other stock axys now. Interesting so there recommendations when moving to the 36 moves the front up and makes the back squat? I am going to try taking my skis off tonight to drop the front and see if this reduces the squat and levels the sled out.
Its the zbroz “increased clearance” a arms......

The way they are assembled makes it tall.

Premium Features