• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

racers edge solutoin for rear skid is finally here!!

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I don't see how it could since it is missing all the features that make the M-10 so adjustable and ride so good. This skid doesn't offer the FRA adjustment like an M-10. That adjustment allows you to move the bottom of the rear shock forward or backward to make the skid softer or stiffer. It is a huge adjustment on the M-10. Also, the rear shock doesn't have the crossover adjustment to the bottom out spring. It may not need it however if it isn't a falling rate design.

The front arm isn't a pass through the rails design so it gives up travel compared to the M-10. Finally, the rear shock doesn't have a resevoir like the Fox or Ohlin equipped M-10's.

you can LOOK at this design all day long, but until you try it, how can you compare it??? sure it don't have the adjustment that an m-10 does, that's cuz it ain't an m-10. it's a racer's edge coupled design. it was never designed to be an m-10 period. that fact that it couples is what keeps the front end down. the shock that darryl has on this skid is one of the better shocks out there that I have ridden. I had a fox shock on one of my m-10's and when you adjusted it, it seemed minimal compared to this shock on this setup.

this thread was started to show a racer's edge coupled design. not to get dudes panties in a knot because some guys have tried it and like it as good as some of the other suspensions out there. it's showing great results, like stated before it aint' for everybody. It's obvious the price is high for alot of you guys. on the other hand there are many guys who have shelled out for the skid and have been very happy with it. I can't see how a guy can stare at it and find every fault and why it wont' work as good without having any seat time on one. that is fricking hilarious!!

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
is it true that Baker put them on sale for new years ?? $1275.00 ?

he's gonna get a kick in the nackers from all the boys that just bought them if he did.lol I highly doubt it, but baker might surprise ya.

N

northernnytro

Sep 17, 2008
Northwestern,AB
Ha Ha, what's hilarious is that noobs panties are the only ones getting in a bunch! Hey noobs did ya just get back from Mexico or what is that chit on your nose?

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ha Ha, what's hilarious is that noobs panties are the only ones getting in a bunch! Hey noobs did ya just get back from Mexico or what is that chit on your nose?

only panties in a knot are your moms after your done shanking her.

Last edited:

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Quoting noob from a few posts back "grow up"

lmao, your stupid reply started this and you want me to grow up. You guys are what make snowest great. I come out promoting a product for racer's edge and all of a sudden my nose is brown. I guess it is.

P
Nov 28, 2007
in a town
this is why i dont start threads about new products that come out, some one explains whats new and then they say the price and then the b!tching starts. i actually enjoy seeing whats new out there and whats working best even though i have no interest in buying one. every one who doesnt like the price go buy a m10 then easy as that. so how about that snow?

T

triple Black

Dec 11, 2008
Revelstoke BC
www.farwestfilms.com
Just spent the first 8 days on my racers edge kit over xmass. darryl put the kit together on 174 ice age rails for me and man....what a sweet piece. anyone who has anything negative to say about the kit better take a look at the fit and finish and the unmatched tig work by lance baker. as for the performance and weight transfer....see ya in revelstoke!

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Just spent the first 8 days on my racers edge kit over xmass. darryl put the kit together on 174 ice age rails for me and man....what a sweet piece. anyone who has anything negative to say about the kit better take a look at the fit and finish and the unmatched tig work by lance baker. as for the performance and weight transfer....see ya in revelstoke!

better be careful, your panties are gonna be in a knot too for trying to promote a product.:rolleyes: glad to hear you like it.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
does the rear part bolt to the inside of the rails? Iceage only makes the timber/stock apex rails would those work? I don't see the stock looking rails on iceages website..anyone have pictures they could post with using the iceage rails

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
does the rear part bolt to the inside of the rails? Iceage only makes the timber/stock apex rails would those work? I don't see the stock looking rails on iceages website..anyone have pictures they could post with using the iceage rails

you got that timber setup sold yet?? ice age will make a stock rail, but last I called Shawn they have to wait until theres a batch to be made before they'll do it. unless your going for a 174, order a set of stock rails. sell off your complete ice age/timber setup and jump into one of these!!

P
Dec 16, 2015
There is way to many people who bash others on this site let me put it this way my dad put a tumber sled on his 900rmk works awsome no ski lift very nice to ride on the bumpy trails into the mountain and we'll bakers skid from what I've seen works unreal our buddy got one on his new 174 t3 very nice on the trail and awsome in the hills just enough ski lift to get ur skis outta the snow and tractor around every stock sled around and just so u guys know I'm not a doo guy but what baker does works!

Premium Features