• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

racers edge solutoin for rear skid is finally here!!

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Racer's Edge has come out with an incredible solution for your rear suspension. Don't want to shell out $3000-$6000 for an m-10. Below are some pictures of their little set up. It's basically there way of putting out a more affordable option then the m-10. What's included is below

-Double Adjustable Coil Over Shock (compression and rebound) just got back from their shop and let me tell you that this setup is going to be unreal!!

-Chromoly swing arm

-billet brackets

-UHMN slider blocks

-Aluminum tunnel stiffener's

-Stainless Steel hardward

-Aluminum cross shaft

I've got a couple of pictures with both a cat skid and skidoo skid just to show what they involve and look like. These kits are selling for $1995.00 If you want any more info, pm me, or you can contact Darryl Baker at 403-254-8686

You can put a deposit in with Darryl to get in line for this.

racersedgem10 012.jpg racersedgem10 011.jpg racersedgem10 002.jpg

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Looks sweet Noob. Has it been tested on the Snow yet for keeping the front down?

they had proto types out all last year. the feedback was amazing. darryl is basically a suspension genius. this dual adjustable shock is amazing!! you won't be disappointed.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
How about being able to keep from squatting when you hit the throttle under boost??? The only problem I have had with the fox floats

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
How about being able to keep from squatting when you hit the throttle under boost??? The only problem I have had with the fox floats

look in the bracket that I have pictured, there is a little rectangle slider piece that when under pressure will slide to the bottom of the space it's in and lock out. If you guys had a chance to see this setup in person, you would walk out with it. it's that good.lol

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
skid

noob - is this skid the chit for sidehilling, carving, boondocking on an Apex with boost? Overall weight loss from stock?

Last edited:

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
noob - is this skid the chit for sidehilling, carving, boondocking on an Apex with boost? Overall weight loss from stock?

with me not personally having ride time on this skid, I can't answer that. from what feedback darryl has had from this skid (those that rode with it all last year) is basically what you just asked about. the shock that they use is phenominal for adjusting rebound and how firm the shock is. the key to this setup is the slider piece that locks out like the m-10 under load and there is basically no ski lift like the m-10. unbelievable for a bolt on kit. with the shock adjustability, it works alot like the m-10 jack where you can adjust it for booning and riding the trail, and stiffen it up for the big hills.

N

NOSZED

Jan 16, 2008
olds,alberta
I rode with darryl and sherrif last year for a weekend, darryl had that set up on an xp and it was insane how much better it climbed over stock!!! was truley amazed where it would go with that skid and of course darryl. Darryl is a pretty smart guy for suspension and clutching.

Sheriff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Olds, Alberta
I rode with darryl and sherrif last year for a weekend, darryl had that set up on an xp and it was insane how much better it climbed over stock!!! was truley amazed where it would go with that skid and of course darryl. Darryl is a pretty smart guy for suspension and clutching.

After a full season riding with Baker & his new suspension, I am fully convinced on this suspension modification. I have run several of his M-10 units over the years & this is as close as it gets...at less than half the price. If $$ is no object then go with the M-10 because there is nothing better !!!... otherwise this is the ticket.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Will this setup use stock mountingholes in front and back on the drop brackets?

Yes, and Yes. you don't change the front scissor arms at all. It's the rear shock that is replaced along with their setup. I think one of the holes on their setup bolts into stock hole, and you might have to drill another hole. call baker on monday and he can get ya setup with one.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
great idea this is what allot of guys needed.
racersedgem10011.jpg

racersedgem10012.jpg

racersedgem10002.jpg

:beer;

H
Nov 28, 2007
Revelstoke
$2000 for
-Double Adjustable Coil Over Shock
-Chromoly swing arm
-billet brackets
-UHMN slider blocks
-Aluminum cross shaft

Too much money!
The racer's edge m10 may work slightly better than a timbersled but compare the product if racer's edge was selling the mountian tamer they would price it at $4000

$1700 timbersled

52407%20002[1].jpg

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
$2000 for
-Double Adjustable Coil Over Shock
-Chromoly swing arm
-billet brackets
-UHMN slider blocks
-Aluminum cross shaft

Too much money!
The racer's edge m10 may work slightly better than a timbersled but compare the product if racer's edge was selling the mountian tamer they would price it at $4000

$1700 timbersled

how many miles you have on your timbersled skid??

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I am not sold on the Timbersled suspension.

I run a Holz right now and would have a good long look at KMOD.

This set up looks good but you will need the straight rails for serious boost.

That is the number one thing to do if you want to control the Wheelie monster on big boost.

And it is a lot of dough for just a shock and a couple brackets.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I am not sold on the Timbersled suspension.

I run a Holz right now and would have a good long look at KMOD.

This set up looks good but you will need the straight rails for serious boost.

That is the number one thing to do if you want to control the Wheelie monster on big boost.

And it is a lot of dough for just a shock and a couple brackets.

I don't know that I'm convinced that the straight rail is everything you guys say it is to control the wheely?? I know many of guys who have straightened rails or bought straight rails to have absolutely nothing happen to control the front end from wheelying. It might have to a small degree, but over all it's in your suspension. I love how you guys think there are a couple of brackets involved in this? go make one and let me know what your costs are. let's see it done? remember to add some money onto the end result so you can keep your doors open to keep making them too.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Any boosted sled will rock back on the tipped up rails period --- it is just a few degrees but you will not get that back no matter what you do.

the straight rail will give you a few degree head start --- that is all but it is a few degrees you don't have with the tip up .

After that it is all in the suspension no Question.

I run a Business myself I know where you are coming from there .

The Question is if you sell 30 of them at the current price would you sell 70 or 80 at say $1200 ? Or would you be better of to get some billet rails made to do away with the bolt on look and charge $2500 for a cool look that most guys want. I would bet you any money you will sell the most with the most expensive but best looking option. And make the most money too.

cheers .......

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Hey powdermuncher, I do not work for racer's edge and totally agree with you on the price. I do wish it would come in a little lower then what they are charging, but I dont' set their prices. I want all you guys to know that I have no affiliation with racer's edge besides they are some of my really good friends and I am just helping them out. I honestly think that if you guys had a chance to see this thing first hand it you would walk out of his shop with one. It's hard to drop that much coin on something you havent seen, but I can't wait to get mine on. if you have any questions what so ever call darryl at 403-254-8686 he is more than willing to help ya out.

Premium Features