• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Product/Company Showcase **Week 4**

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com

Who We Are
Twenty20, the makers of VholdR and now ContourHD, is a Seattle company helping modern explorers tell their video stories of action, adventure, and travel. At the core, we are a passionate group of adventure sports enthusiasts and start-up junkies focused on making action video easy to shoot and share online.

Our Story
The vision for Twenty20 began in 2003 out of the University of Washington business plan competition when two undergraduate students and avid skiers, Marc Barros and Jason Green, devised a simple helmet camera to record their exploits. The duo wanted to share video of the thrills and spills of their downhill skiing adventures with their friends and family, but they couldn't. The frozen mountaintop was a grueling and unforgiving environment for video camcorders. Besides, when you're zooming downhill, crashing through trees with ski poles in your hands, it's just not possible to hold a camera.

After winning third place in the competition and enough money to afford the rent on a chilly warehouse, the two friends began building and selling the Twenty20 Helmet Camera. Over the years Twenty20 introduced a series of innovations to make action video easier to shoot and share.

Twenty20 Helmet Camera V1 - The first CMOS sensor helmet camera and the first to be powered by a 9-volt battery pack, capturing 16 hours of power (all competing cameras on the market required 4-8 AA batteries).

Twenty20 Helmet Camera V2 – A brand new CMOS image sensor was introduced with a single wiring harness so users had one power button and one cable running from the lens to the camcorder.

VholdR – The company introduced the first shoot and share wearable camcorder. The award-winning VholdR (2008 CES Innovations Award and 2008 Business Week IDEA Bronze Medal) introduced recording to a microSD memory card, an iconic single button to record, lasers for alignment, a click to share online experience, and an online international adventure sports community.

ContourHD – The Company is now introducing the first HD wearable camcorder capable of capturing and sharing HD quality video online in seconds. The ability to capture video in High Definition or High Action, record 8 hours of HD video on a single memory card, shoot video with a wide angle lens, and use software to share HD video, is again leading the market.

The company’s original mission to make action video easy to shoot and share continues to drive us forward. Poised on the brink of our next big innovation, we want to say thank YOU for your continued support.

Now put HD video on your head and share it with your friends.

VholdR.jpg

ContourHD_ComparisonChart_700.jpg

Sample video from the standard camera that we shot last year.
Be sure to click the HQ to get the best quality You Tube offers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GewOF7kYp_0

Sled Solutions used the standard VholdR camera on 13 different trips ranging from below zero to mid 40's and the camera never skipped a beat. We had personal events that proved the cameras durability to us throughout the season.

1. We ride unmarked trails sometimes non existent so you can imagine the amount of tree branches that the camera came in contact with.
2. One day while out in a field playing in the powder I took a spill and landed on my helmet...camera side. Got up and took off again, when I reached up to shut the camera off it wasn't there. After searching the snow on my hands and knees I found the camera buried in the snow...STILL RECORDING! (The camera has a tether but I had broke it the previous weekend.)
3. I've hit trees hard enough with my helmet which knocked the camera off the mount. (Tether was attached)
4. Rode the Keweenew of Michigan with temps as low as 13 below zero. Camera functioned fine.

We are very impressed with the quality, customer service and performance of their products.

This year the Contour HD camera is out....record your riding moments in HD without the hassle of any wires. We have not found anything in the Contour HD price range that even compares on paper. Obviously we haven't used all the cameras on the market but based on the statistics you won't be dissappointed with the company or the camera.

Thanks!

Paul

Premium Features