• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Prices

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I can't believe how cheap some of the used Pros are going for. Especially since new ones have gone up in price another $1000 -$2000. It is almost embarrassing. Used Doos are worth their weight in Gold in comparison.

I might just keep mine as in the trailer for riding on more local trips and leave my new one up at the UP camp. Then I don't have to haul a trailer up there anymore. Not going to give the thing away. Worth more to me than that.

S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
Yeah sold my wife's / my back up iq for good price so I'm keeping my 800le rmk for her/backup can't believe what there going for much less what trade in is this spring but it is what it is

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
after market accessories

I have to many after market accessories on my sled to sell or trade in. Raptor shocks won't fit,rear tunnel cooler, re-flashed ECU,accessories tunnel bags and bar bags, TKI belt drive, vents, handle bar riser, etc,etc. I don't need the latest and greatest. Still haven't mastered the Pro, at my age takes awhile. Sure wish I was in my 20's again, then I couldn't afford to buy a new sled. Just my thoughts.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
JMPO - the Pro Ride prices will never "rebound". A big snow year in 2016 might keep them where they are now, but that's a big if (that's price doesn't drop alot more, not big snow - even God doesn't know how much it will snow next year).

The fact is - there are a whole lotta Pro Rides out there, now. Swing a dead cat. Soon to be more, with dealers trying to blow them out the door. If the Axys lives up to the hype next year, and the 16 M is finally decent OOTB (big if?), it will still hurt to be a Pro Ride seller. Pro Ride buyers will clean up.

Reminds me of late 90's with poo wedges, and late 2000's with Revs - they were everywhere, and as a buyer you had lots to pick from. Which also means - this is clearly now an iconic chassis (not the only one, I'll give that to the M, also). I will also say - the biggest hits to value are right now. It will never come back, but iconic sleds are always worth abit more in the "long run" (in the real long run, we're all dead). Stay thirsty my friends, it's a great time to be a mountain sled rider...

Last edited:
C
Dec 24, 2014
With Polaris setting dealers up to liquidate NEW '14 800 PRO's for $8500 and '15s for just over $9k the used market is going to take a hit. I feel for the guys who dumped thousands into mods for these sleds and are now trying to get $10k or better for a used PRO from any year...

I am considering a T3 Doo for next year and you are right, that market is generally stronger even though the Doo dealer had half a dozen '15s (no T3) for around $10k. The used T3's are still 10.5+

I suspect prices will be similar to today come December. There is a glut of cheap sleds on the market and nobody is buying because winter was pretty weak.

I expect I will still be able to sell my '14 for enough to a buy a new sled, I bought it pretty cheap, I can sell it cheap. Sold my '13 last Dec in a matter of hours.

C
Dec 24, 2014
All the doo guys have to see is Ski-doo on the side of the sled and they will fall all over themselves to get one. LOL.

I ride with that guy.LOL Of course I posted a video of him dropping his XM into a big creek hole last weekend, that my PRO jumped right over a few minutes earlier... I had plenty of time to stop, get the phone out, find a good spot and start shooting video while he was catching up on his Doo.

Last edited:

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I ride with that guy.LOL Of course I posted a video of him dropping his XM into a big creek hole last weekend, that my PRO jumped right over a few minutes earlier... I had plenty of time to stop, get the phone out, find a good spot and start shooting video while he was catching up on his Doo.

Are you sure you want a SkiDoo for next year?

C
Dec 24, 2014
Are you sure you want a SkiDoo for next year?

Since I can't TRY any of the new sleds, I will probably replace my '14 Poo with a holdover '15 Poo and let others be the guinea pigs. Almost had a ride set up on the new Cat but the dealer wants to send somebody with the sled. Tells me what I need to know there...

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Since I can't TRY any of the new sleds, I will probably replace my '14 Poo with a holdover '15 Poo and let others be the guinea pigs. Almost had a ride set up on the new Cat but the dealer wants to send somebody with the sled. Tells me what I need to know there...

FYI, when I was riding the new Axys last week the cat guys were there testing a few 16's too. They made it about 1-2 miles from the parking lot before it was in limp mode. They had it ripped apart with the ECU unplugged trying to get it to clear. Eric

C
Dec 24, 2014
My closest dealer doesn't even have a sled set up for the altitude, It has been with a customer, not ridden, for a couple weeks... Mostly Cat is out for me due to the dealer... Full week to get parts, doesn't stock much, doesn't wan too, high prices 60 miles each way, double the distance of Poo or Doo.

This whole deal of "I have a demo" but it is really this other customers sled on Cats dime? The other customer and I had it all lined up, I was going to pick it up today and return it Sun or Mon. Dealer says no way, other guy has to be along. I have been buying parts from this dealer for 10 years. We will get our Cat parts from the internet from now on.

My Polaris dealer had me in on Tues, out on Fri. Ready to Ride Saturday. The Cat dealer made my decision easy this time.

Premium Features