• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power Claw/HCR vs.extreme??

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
Hi.

I did put a Challenger Extreme 156x2,5 on my M12 and it have worked very good ,and the luggs is still staight after a hole season on WOT.

We ar now at the end of the season and should be ready to evaluate how this tracks worked in diffrent snow conditions now as we have got a lot of milage in diffrent type of snow.It was a lot of treads about this before christmas with,but limeted usefull info.

For me it looks like the Extreme is best in more set snow and spring condition.
The PC is best in fluffy snow and HCR is some thing in between.

Any other with experience on this type of tracks?
Is the PC and HCR as good now as they where when it was new?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
1500 miles on my 80 duro, I'm still a huge fan. I just got a rip in one set of fingers from hitting a rock, but that's the first real damage. The sled stands up very quickly in hardpack & still does well in the powder, I think the 80 is a better balance than the 2.5.
If I wanted more stiff snow performance I'd probably get a 2.5 over the hcr track though, we only have 100 miles on our hcr turbo, but the track is not impressive compared to our other tracks.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
If you have a 2.50 in the hardpacked trail, Would an equally equipped sled with a PC be able to hold it's own against the 2.5 from a rolling start? What I am saying wouldn't the 2.5 have more turning resistance than the PC? It seems as if the PC would flatten out and make less resistance wind wise in the tunnel, And is lighter weight?

Thanks
Mike

Premium Features