• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Possible Clutching Issue! Need Help

B
Nov 20, 2019
Hey I was wondering if I could get some input here...

I have a 2019 pro Rmk 850. Live in Manitoba and headed out west end of week. So I changed my clutch weights over to the flat land ones so I could go for a ride and just make sure she's running good. (First ride Friday) Never touched the spring. I rode Friday and Saturday fine. Put on about 65 miles. No issues besides some ice build up. Today I was out again with a buddy. The first 50 miles were great it was pulling hard. Then it would want to fall on its face when I would be going through some deeper stuff and going side to side. I am assuming it's clutching! Or is my clutching getting to much moisture? Seems to be quite a bit of snow coming in through footwells and everywhere else. Pretty ****ty. But I need to trouble shoot this quick. I'm headed west for our only trip this year on Friday.

Thanks

If you are getting snow in through the hood vents you need frogskinz. Also need to seal up all the lower bulkhead gaps with silicon. You will also need to clean off you intake vents occasionally as they will plug over with snow.

Where you headed for Friday?

B
Nov 20, 2019
If you are getting snow in through the hood vents you need frogskinz. Also need to seal up all the lower bulkhead gaps with silicon. You will also need to clean off you intake vents occasionally as they will plug over with snow.

Where you headed for Friday?
[/QUOT

Hey appreciate the quick reply! Thanks I'll have to do that for sure. I just seen a guy used a crazy carpet or some thin plastic to to cover up the footwells gaps which will be a cheap fix. I'm headed to Fernie. When I was saying some deeper stuff though I'm only meaning like flat land deep too. Wind drifted ditches and full corners in stubble fields. Pretty @#$&ing poor design if you ask me. Supposed to be good for mountains and this is happening in the prairies..

B
Nov 20, 2019
If anyone else might be able to trouble shoot this it would be appreciated or if you agree with havesledwilltravel that's awesome. Not saying he's wrong by any means just want ideas

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
Has your sled been reflashed? Have it reflashed with the latest version then it’s going to pull a lot harder. Then you need to mess with weights as a starting point. 70g likely for riding in BC. If you really want to make it work gear it down with a set of Pro QD gears and install springs helix from TRS or reddragon (Edmonton). I have the same sled and it works totally different now. Best clutching I’ve ever had.

B
Nov 20, 2019
Hey thanks. Ya it has been reflashed from the dealer when I picked it up. It pulls great in a straight line until I lay it over and start to play around. Then it wants to fall on its face and bog out a bit. As far as gaps in the front. I am amazed. Pretty big, just want to know if that's a normal thing. Appreciate the reply.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
My guess is u don't have enough load on the motor, especially if your chopping the throttle, add some more weight or put in a dual angle helix like a 58/42.
If your going to McBride I'd run everything stock with 70ish grm weights, that's what we run in sicamous revy area.
U can also gear it down and use same clutching.

H
Mar 25, 2019
That could hapen wen your belt and clutches are not warmed up and carving threw powder, the belt will slip when a bit of snow gets on them and it will over rev. Once your belt and clutches are worm it useually wont do that.
Like the other guys say, try to block most of the gaps to minimize snow from getting under the hood

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
That super fine cold weather powdery snow on the prairies can get through every little gap. I’ve rode a ton in Revelstoke with the axys chassis and the snow there, even the over the hood stuff just doesn’t seem to get through the hood vents or the small gaps in the belly pan. I’ve never seen snow get through like the fine cold weather powder like in northern Saskatchewan. We were up by Melfort last year and by the end of day 1 in nice deep powder my entire engine compartment was full of snow. Had to tape off all my hood vents and plastic to bulkhead seams. That fine snow got in everywhere yet in the mountains the problem is minimal.

B
Nov 20, 2019
Thanks for all the replays from everyone. Really appreciated! Ya they're will be a difference between cold blowing prairie snow and out west for sure but holy it's crazy.

Premium Features