• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris limited build is a joke!

G
Dec 20, 2007
To be honest...it is 2 things that keep it to a limited release:

1) First year turbo sled with 3 years warranty; limits Polaris's liability (how much did the 2019 850 snafu cost them for a simple assembly error)

2) Build hype! It is the talk of the industry and all hyped up. Limiting production this year will just result in more NA sleds to be sold in 2022, then traded in 2023 for turbo; its a double dip for Polaris! And the hype train keeps chugging as people get to see and ride their buddy's sled.

Don't get me wrong; I understand covid production issues and consumer market demand...having said that, why is there not a limited run of NA sleds for SC?? Are you telling me the turbo assemblies are the ONLY thing impacted at the production stage!

This is all marketing on Polaris's part, and they've been at it since 2013 and the big pro update hype!

T
Oct 16, 2017
Sorry you didn’t get your way. Complaining, blaming, throwing and fit, and acting entitled might get you somewhere ?. Doubt it though...

The funny thing is that most if not all the guys complaining about not getting their turbo can’t even ride a stocker worth a sh!t. So maybe it’s a blessing in disguise ?‍♂️.
Sounds like projection to me. Sorry for your intelligence shortcomings causing a lack of ability to empathize with others less “fortunate”. Here’s to hoping your new sled grenades. Cheers

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Sounds like projection to me. Sorry for your intelligence shortcomings causing a lack of ability to empathize with others less “fortunate”. Here’s to hoping your new sled grenades. Cheers
I’d wish the same for you, but wait... you didn’t get a new one! ? you’ll get past this hardship.

But seriously sorry if I struck a nerve with ya. I’m a little too straightforward for some people and it’s hard to convey sarcasm when typing. 2022 is looking pretty awesome for Polaris. And if my sled blows it won’t be anything new. I buy a new one every year and always have a spare.

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
So lots are not happy they didn’t know about the limited release, but say everybody knew about the limited release. What’s to say the ones that did not get in now would have got in anyways. Someone is always going to be at the front of the line. To say there should not be a limited release, thats something you would have to sit down with polaris brass and figure out. If they want to have a limited release for whatever reason it is their call. Just my 2c.

Speed-Demon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 25, 2020
AK
Heard about the limited number of these sleds from the VOHK video. He said if you want one I’d suggest not waiting as they’re likely to sell out quick. I called my dealer at 11:00. They open at 9. They said get your azz down here now if you want one. I still didn’t know if I wanted kahos or pro, let alone what color I wanted. And the whole time still wondering why the hell can’t I get whatever model I want with whatever engine and track I want!? wtf Doesn’t matter. Just getting on the turbo list was all it took. Can change your mind later on model, track and colors. They aren’t building them right now, so no big deal to change before then. Found this out last year when I snow checked a kahos last minute....like 5 minutes before dealer closed on the last day. Was still on the fence about color and track size. Changed both a couple weeks later.
For what it’s worth, I showed up 11:30 cash in hand and ordered with salesman at his desk. While I was sitting there, I got both emails saying order in and order confirmed. I was like number 25 on the list, and it went down to 30. Could have been longer than 30. Idk. Asked how many are you allotted? He wouldn’t tell me. Just said not many left.
I can see where those that missed out are pizzed. If you didn’t get some kind of insider heads up, you would assume it’s like any other snow check. Just get in before April whatever. I was lucky enough that when the videos finally started showing up on you tube, it was only 5:00 in AK. Had plenty of time to check everything out. Bummer for those who missed out, but there’s always those who back out as well. I’m still not sure if I’ll keep mine, but for $500, I secured one with the knowledge that I can easily sell it for full price when I get it.?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Lol don’t be all butt hurt.

You obviously haven’t seen him ride. ???

Check his media.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
This is funny. I wish they sold them for $45 k. It would be more fun to make fun of poor people that couldn't afford them than those who don't have good dealer relationships so that their dealer made sure they got one. I'll sell anyone my spot for $5 k ? Something tells me the guys who missed out are the D bags that buy all their parts online, heckle the local dealer over price on EVERYTHING and post prices on forums asking where they can get a sled cheaper. They are also probably the guys who drive 750 miles to save $500 on a new sled. Have fun waiting one more year!

F

FirstAscent

Feb 25, 2021
West Coast
Heard about the limited number of these sleds from the VOHK video. He said if you want one I’d suggest not waiting as they’re likely to sell out quick. I called my dealer at 11:00. They open at 9. They said get your azz down here now if you want one. I still didn’t know if I wanted kahos or pro, let alone what color I wanted. And the whole time still wondering why the hell can’t I get whatever model I want with whatever engine and track I want!? wtf Doesn’t matter. Just getting on the turbo list was all it took. Can change your mind later on model, track and colors. They aren’t building them right now, so no big deal to change before then. Found this out last year when I snow checked a kahos last minute....like 5 minutes before dealer closed on the last day. Was still on the fence about color and track size. Changed both a couple weeks later.
For what it’s worth, I showed up 11:30 cash in hand and ordered with salesman at his desk. While I was sitting there, I got both emails saying order in and order confirmed. I was like number 25 on the list, and it went down to 30. Could have been longer than 30. Idk. Asked how many are you allotted? He wouldn’t tell me. Just said not many left.
I can see where those that missed out are pizzed. If you didn’t get some kind of insider heads up, you would assume it’s like any other snow check. Just get in before April whatever. I was lucky enough that when the videos finally started showing up on you tube, it was only 5:00 in AK. Had plenty of time to check everything out. Bummer for those who missed out, but there’s always those who back out as well. I’m still not sure if I’ll keep mine, but for $500, I secured one with the knowledge that I can easily sell it for full price when I get it.?
That Vohk video was where I first learned about it as well and I just stumbled across it by accident too and was thinking "is this true!?"

Also, good to know you can still make changes! I was wondering about that. I feel good about every choice I made except for the medium bar height. I originally chose low then my dealer talked me into medium (I'm 6'). But I'm still very unsure about that one and considering changing it back to my original choice. Worst case, that's a small enough thing that easy to change later on too.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I’d wish the same for you, but wait... you didn’t get a new one! ? you’ll get past this hardship.

But seriously sorry if I struck a nerve with ya. I’m a little too straightforward for some people and it’s hard to convey sarcasm when typing. 2022 is looking pretty awesome for Polaris. And if my sled blows it won’t be anything new. I buy a new one every year and always have a spare.
What up Brent. Trust me guys, he is hard to deal with in person also. :D:D:D:D

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I can't really say, it has been said here already, the 2500 limit on the turbo is not entirely based on the covid supply issues. Polaris took a huge leap this year, smoked the other guys, but there could be issues that would have to be resolved.....nuff said. Polaris did a fantastic job this year if they can produce what is promised. Cat and Doo did one thing each in the mountain segment. Narrow front end from Doo (wasn't needed) and clutch from Cat (to replace the bomb that they had in there before.) I am anti-Poo as anyone, but good job. I hope it works. It will up the anti for the industry.

G
Mar 18, 2018
Calgary
That Vohk video was where I first learned about it as well and I just stumbled across it by accident too and was thinking "is this true!?"

Also, good to know you can still make changes! I was wondering about that. I feel good about every choice I made except for the medium bar height. I originally chose low then my dealer talked me into medium (I'm 6'). But I'm still very unsure about that one and considering changing it back to my original choice. Worst case, that's a small enough thing that easy to change later on too.
on my axys i went with the low bars. then bought a 2" riser. then cut it in half. so, i can have any height i choose low, mid or high. I settled on the 1" lately (i'm 6' 1" with long arms and legs)
haven't pulled the trigger yet on a '22 but if I do, I will get the low bars and re-use my riser setup

C
Dec 14, 2020
why are you surprised when it’s obvious from this thread not all of us had such a good/honest dealer? My dealer, aside from a few that work there, is awful. We who missed out are pissed because Polaris didn’t state it in the launch. Wouldn’t you be pissed to have to wait yet another year because a brand was too ****ty to declare a limited release and you didn’t get an order in because you were debating colorways?

loyalty is not why I keep riding Polaris. It’s the ride feel for the mountain sleds. Doo has been much more of a leader in design and features but the handling is wonky imo

If you're too busy thinking about your color scheme, maybe you don't need to be riding?

But really, how damn hard is it to just pick something and wrap it later if you need a change?

T
Oct 16, 2017
If you're too busy thinking about your color scheme, maybe you don't need to be riding?

But really, how damn hard is it to just pick something and wrap it later if you need a change?

I’d tell you to eat a dick but you are probably already choking on one.

Tell me, how is Polaris not announcing the patriot boost as limited and forcing their dealer network to do it after the fact not a legitimate complaint?

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Dealer in Gallatin Valley sold out entire Boost allotment in the morning, line out the door when they opened. Every dealer is getting full MSRP. They may have underestimated demand, and will end up pushing some peeps to the doo turbo. Might be tough for some to be ready to drop +20 large and walk away empty handed for a year.

Too bad Yellowstone polaris (4 corners specifically*) sucks. Maybe if they didn't void people's 4 year warranties because of their shotty workmanship, it wouldn't be 10 years later still... I'm not going in there! I almost bit my tongue yesterday to see these sleds in person on Wednesday but.. I'm genuinely still pissed about it. P.s. try west? They seem to be the last good dealer besides Kurt's (legendary)

Whats fitting is the fact they have to deal with Bozeman lol

This is all in (I'm speaking on my own knowledge, not exact fact nor bs either) that this is an attempt by polaris to follow Yamaha's lead. Quality. Do you notice it? Do you see @Wheel House Motorsports pushing the over deliver under sell stance? That's how you create resale value. Against all odds polaris pulled me back in and I hope it's a good relationship! In the same sense that everyone laughs at 3 year old model sleds with 0 miles asking near New prices... that KILLS the dealers. It drives the cost up. That 20k? Lol by my math it ain't a bad deal. Do you all realize the amount of inflation we are all in? No one even knows but to speculate that 2023 models will be less money? Doubtful at best in my opinion...

And I hope I'm wrong!

Premium Features