• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 2012 Early Release - new models with photos

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
There may just be some new models.

Also....

The new 600 PRO-155 will be avail to test ride on the Demo tour locations that remain after this weekend.

1) Bear Lodge Resort, Dayton, WY Feb 10-13 (slots still open for reservation)

2) Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Moran, WY Feb 17-20 (slots still open for reservation)

3) Pond's Lodge, Island Park ID Feb 24 - 27

Your chance to ride one of these! WOOOO WHOOOO!!
DSC_4547.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR DEMO TOUR INFORMATION

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Looks like a good move for Polaris.

That small block 600 has always been a strong solid and reliable performer. I remember when it came out in 2000 and it was a screamer!

1998. Purple wedge chassis.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Does this mean their will be more new models yet when the full lineup is released?[/QUOTE]

From what I am hearing there are some suprises yet to come....:shocked:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I wish the pro's would come with a Different seat similar to the m-sleds new seat. I just love all the waterproof storage in those new M seats. Sure you could "buy" external bags and such, but most aren't waterproof.....and they're just plain ugly.

That would be nice, the problem is the M tank is more like the old Polaris Edge tank - most all of the tank is in front of the seat built in to the console.

On the IQ and newer Polaris sleds, almost half the capacity of the tank is directly under the seat... gives more balanced proportions, but at the cost of not having that under-seat availability.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I don't understand this big fixation with D.I when discussing the Polaris line-up for the last few years... Many people saying "I'm waiting for Polaris to release a DI motor before jumping in on a new sled" ....
face-icon-small-confused.gif

Some things to consider... DI adds weight, complexity and cost to the sled.

Sure... I know about the advantages that D.I. may offer... but is that really needed when you look at the big picture???

You will need special tools to work on it and modding/turbo'ing will be a huge challenge... Being able to "Mod" a sled does not really make a difference to the factory when considering their builds outside of racing... which has become a more "stock based" than ever.

On the Doos... the 800's were all previously carbed and BRP owned the E-Tec design already in their Evinrude division... made sense.

I've heard many people talk about DI as a system that is "Closed Loop".... But doubt that you would see a closed-loop 2-Stroke DI system from any mfg in the near future... would most likely be a speed/density setup like the Doo E-Tec.

On the Polaris with the Kokusan Denki CFi system... I don't see, other than EPA concerns, what the practical advantage, for the consumer, would be with direct injection for the time-being??

Polaris already had a DI setup on the Watercraft triples. Other companies have DI on two strokes... Direct Injection IS an advance in tech-application... It may be possible to tune a DI system to make more power, but that would have to be weighed against cost and practicality. If the CFi system meets the EPA regs and makes good power is this necessary?? Maybe yes...maybe no... Improvements cost money... Sleds already cost a fair amount... A Doo Freeride E-Tec costs $13k plus. How bout a ProRide in that price range?

Last edited:
Premium Features